Recently Logitech has launched a HD Pro Webcam C920. This webcam offering 20 step autofocus and Carl Zeiss optics. The C920 also has twin microphones for stereo audio recording with automatic noise reduction. If you use Windows Live Messenger, you only get 720p though it support 1080p and interpolated 15-megapixel stills are possible. This product is now available in Amazon.com.
System Requirements For HD 1080p video recording
- Windows XP (SP3 or higher), Windows Vista and Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- 2.4 GHz Intel® Core 2 Duo processor
- 2 GB RAM or more
- Hard drive space for recorded videos
- USB 2.0 port (USB 3.0 ready)
- Full HD 1080p video calling (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels) with the latest version of Skype for Windows
- 720p HD video calling (up to 1280 x 720 pixels) with supported clients
- Full HD video recording (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels) with a recommended system
- Logitech Fluid Crystal Technology
- H.264 video compression
- Carl Zeiss lens with 20-step autofocus
- Built-in dual stereo mics with automatic noise reduction
- Automatic low-light correction
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified (USB 3.0 ready)
- Tripod-ready universal clip fits laptops, LCD or CRT monitors
Full HD 1080p video calling on Skype
Your loved ones will see the real you in breathtaking Full HD clarity—only on the C920 and Skype.
HD 720p video calls
You’ll get 720p video calling on most major instant messaging services, including Windows Live™ Messenger, and Logitech Vid HD.
One-click to Facebook
You can easily capture HD video (1080p) and upload in no time to Facebook, Twitter™ or YouTube™—thanks to H.264, an advanced compression technology.
Carl Zeiss optics
You’ll enjoy razor-sharp images from a lens designed with the help of one of the pioneers in the industry.
Stable mounting clip
The versatile clip with rubberized bumpers helps hold your webcam securely in place on your desktop or laptop monitor. Plus, it’ll even mount on a tripod.
H.264 video standard
You’ll enjoy faster, smoother video and better image quality with less demand on your computer thanks to H.264 encoding—the industry standard for HD video.
Full HD 1080p recording
You can record in breathtaking, widescreen Full HD 1080p at 30 frames-per-second (fps). Plus, with H.264 encoding, your computer doesn’t have to work as hard for you to get great video.
The 20-step autofocus is more responsive, more sensitive and more intelligent. So whether your kids won’t stop moving or you’re trying to capture your latest dance moves, the C920 delivers razor-sharp images (from 10 cm and beyond) for every occasion.
Natural stereo audio
You can be sure your loved ones will hear the real you thanks to dual stereo mics.
You can send brilliant 15-megapixel snapshots (software enhanced) to the people you care about.