Take your entire HD home theater with you wherever you go with the Slingbox PRO-HD. Connect to multiple A/V devices and tune into your favorite TV shows, sporting events, and special programming in stunning, true-to-life 1080i high definition. The PRO-HD gives you the same features and ease of use as the Slingbox SOLO, plus a high-quality HD viewing experience-anywhere in the world. Easily connect up to three of your home-theater devices to the PRO-HD and take your entire entertainment center with you-on your desktop, Mac, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
- Watch and control your live and recorded TV on your laptop or desktop – supports Windows XP/Vista and Mac
- Watch and control on your mobile phone – supports Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Symbian or Palm OS-based mobile devices
- Supports high-definition video in the home or over the Internet – requires at least 1.5 Mbps upload speed
- Multiple inputs for connections to up to 3 devices, such as a DVR, cable set top box, satellite receiver or DVD player
- Built-in ATSC/NTSC/QAM tuner and no monthly fees
Slingbox turns your smartphone, tablet or laptop into a TV.
Tune in to your favorite shows, sporting events and special programming in stunning, true-to-life 1080i high-definition (HD). Change channels, browse the program guide, and set your DVR with an on-screen remote control that looks just like the one you have at home. The Slingbox PRO-HD easily connects to up to three of your A/V sources so you can take your entire entertainment center with you—on your PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone*.
Easily Connect Everything
Connect one HD video source, one standard-definition (SD) video source, and one coaxial source and watch anywhere.
Take complete control of your home theater via the web with the comprehensive and easy-to-use on-screen remote control and program guide.
Tune in to 1080i HD
Watch your favorite shows in stunning HD over the Internet on your PC or Mac desktop or laptop—from anywhere.
No Monthly Fees
Watch and control your TV and its programming on your smartphone, tablet or laptop with no monthly subscription fee.*
*Download sold separately. Additional fees from your mobile provider may apply. Picture quality is dependent on network speed.
Getting Started with Slingbox PRO-HD is Simple
- Connect the Slingbox to up to three A/V sources, such as a DVR, a cable set-top box and a DVD player/recorder (the Slingbox is compatible with just about any A/V source).
- Connect the Slingbox to your home network (if your router is too far from your Slingbox for a direct connection, use the SlingLink TURBO or another Ethernet bridge for connectivity).
- Fire up your home network-connected PC or Mac computer, complete the Slingbox setup, and enjoy your very own home theater on your PC, Mac, tablet, or smartphone.
What Devices Can I Connect?
- Basic Cable TV Set-Top Box or Digital Cable Set-Top Box
- Digital Video Recorder (DVR) such as DISH Network, TiVo, Comcast, ReplayTV, or one provided by your cable/satellite provider
- DVD Player/Recorder
- Satellite Receiver such as DISH or DIRECTV
- Video/Security Camera
- Windows Media Center
- Digital Antenna
- Digital Cable (clear QAM)
- HD component input support for 720p or 1080i (60Hz)
What Do I Need to Watch on My Laptop?
Watch and control your TV directly from Slingbox.com. Using Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari, you have complete access to your Slingbox and its connected cable box, satellite receiver or DVR. You get a virtual remote control as well as a searchable TV guide—all without downloading or installing desktop software.
Virtual Program Guide and Remote Control
View all of your television programming with the virtual program guide. With the on-screen remote control, change channels, pause, fast-forward or rewind and set up DVR recordings.
Popup Video Player
Multitask while watching your TV, or if you prefer, watch your TV in full-screen mode.
PC and Mac Support
Access your Slingbox from any high-speed Internet-connected PC or Mac laptop or desktop.
What do I need to watch on my smartphone or tablet?
With SlingPlayer software (sold separately) watch your TV and all of its programming on your iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry, Android phone, Android tablet, Windows Phone, Palm OS or Symbian smartphones.
Full Control of Your Home TV
Control your programming with easy-to-use menus and shortcuts on either a touch screen or navigational interface. Easily change your TV channels, navigate program guides and schedule recordings on your DVR.
Easy Access to a Wide Range of Devices and Programs
Control your digital cable box, satellite receiver, DVR or DVD player. Access music channels or video on demand.
High-Quality Viewing Modes
Enjoy stunning full-screen video. Switch to audio-only mode to save bandwidth or battery life. Adjust the video display size or aspect ratio. (Audio-only mode and adjustable video display size are only supported on select devices.)
Take Advantage of High-Speed Mobile Internet Connectivity
Access your television programming over a high-speed 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi connection. (Check your mobile device and service for supported connectivity options. Some Android phones and tablets support 4G connections. The iPod touch only supports Wi-Fi connections.)