Successor to the highly popular Touch Diamond comes with a better 3.2-inch WVGA display, 5-megapixel camera, 3G (HSPA) connectivity, GPS, Bluetooth and a memory card slot. It stays a Windows Mobile-powered device with improved (when compared to the original Diamond) TouchFLO 3D interface that allows users to quickly access popular functions and programs.
The Touch Diamond2 got a small update that “amends the internal management of SMS functionality, and enhances SMS transmission stability.”
Your device has to run ROM version between 2.51.xxx.x & 2.54.xxx.x in order for this update to work.If it’s so,here are the instructions:
1. Make sure you have Microsoft ActiveSync installed on your Windows XP PC or Windows Mobile Device Center on your Windows Vista PC.
2. Connect and synchronize your HTC Touch Diamond2 with your PC via Microsoft ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center using the USB cable (to backup the data).
3. Download the update file from here. (TOP_S2_00472.exe)
4. Copy that file to your phone.
5. Start “TOP_S2_00472.exe” from the smartphone and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.