Now you can download R2-D2 lock screen to your Droid X.The news is steps to Steps To R2-D2 Lock Screen For DROIDX via droid-life.com….
The R2-D2Droid 2 lock screen has been pulled from the phone’s system dump and is flashable to both the Droid X and Droid 2 as a MetaMorph theme. The process is pretty simple, but at this time is only available to rooted users.
1. You have to be rooted.
2. You need to bootstrap the recovery using Koush’s Droid 2 or Droid X Bootstrap.
3. Boot into recovery using the Bootstrap and MAKE A BACKUP.
4. Download and install MetaMorph from the market.
5. On your SD card, create a folder called AndroidThemes.
6. Download the lockr2d2.zip from above and unzip into your AndroidThemes folder.
7. Open MetaMorph, allow it to perform checks and give it superuser access when prompted.
8. Choose “Pick existing theme” and then tap the “lockr2d2.xml” file.
9. Tap on “SubTheme: framework-res.apk” and apply it.
10. Your phone will load the new framework and will more than likely reboot.
11. When it reboots, you should have your new Star Wars lock screen!
Now steps to root your Droid X :
1. Extract and Update Android SDK package to your computer.
2. Next, extract the files from the DORoot zip file to the tools folder of Android SDK.
(Take them out of the folder they came zipped in and place in tools.)
3. Install Motorola Drivers: (32-bit or 64-bit)
4. Enable USB Debugging on your phone and plug it into your PC. (Settings>Applications>Development)
5. Double-click and run doroot.bat
6. Let it run.
7. It will let you know if it has finished completely.
8. Reboot your phone and you are rooted!