The Meizu MX Quad-core smartphone is the most powerful version of MX product line. Recently, the company has launched the latest Meizu MX smartphone with Meizu’s new OS – Flyme 1.0 based on Android 4.0. This Quad-core smartphone will be available from June 30 in co-operation with PCCW mobile and Wilson Communications, worldwide. The company claims that this device can deliver a range of fascinating abilities and an unparalleled user experience with its pretty user-friendly interface. The Meizu MX 4-core smartphone with 32GB and 64GB capacities are priced at HK$3,099 ($399.44) and HK$4,099 ($528.33), respectively.
The Quad-core smartphone has 4-inch 960 x 640 resolution ASV display with 16 million color, 8 megapixels back and 0.3 megapixel front-facing camera, 1080P 30Fps flash with panorama mode and smile sensor. In video, it supports MP4, 3GP, MOV, MKV, AVI, FLV, MPEG, M2TS, TS and in audio, it supports FLAC, APE, AAC, MKA, OGG, MP3, MIDI, M4A, AMR, WAV. The phone has several types of built-in sensor like Gravity sensor, light sensor,IR distance sensor, touch sensors, compass, and gyroscope.
MEIZU announces exclusive co-operation with PCCW mobile and Wilson Communications and the worldwide official launch of MEIZU O.S. Flyme 1.0 in Hong Kong
HKT (SEHK: 6823) – HONG KONG, June 25, 2012 – MEIZU today announces an exclusive co-operation with PCCW mobile and Wilson Communications and the official worldwide launch of the unique O.S. Flyme 1.0 in Hong Kong. Empowered with MEIZU’s new O.S. Flyme 1.0 based on Android 4.0, the latest MEIZU MX smartphone delivers a range of impressive capabilities and an unparalleled user experience with its excellent user-friendly interface.
Mr. Tin Mok, General Manager of Hong Kong, MEIZU, said, “As a visionary company and a leading provider of next-generation smartphones, MEIZU aims to continuously delight our customers with an incomparable experience through our excellent user-friendly interface, our outstanding price/performance capabilities and the remarkable features of our smartphones. The launch of the brand new Flyme 1.0 today moves us closer to our goal of fulfilling our customers’ dreams of owning the best in mobile electronics. We are very pleased to co-operate with PCCW mobile and Wilson Communications in Hong Kong. We hope this will allow us to reach out to even more people, enabling more consumers to enjoy digital lives with the robust capabilities of this hottest smartphone with an attractive package.”
Mr. Bruce Lam, Chief Marketing Officer of PCCW mobile, said, “With the launch of Flyme 1.0 in the next generation smartphone MEIZU MX, I am confident that customers will enjoy unparalleled mobile experience through our superior DC-HSPA+ mobile network and unbeatable Ultimate Mobility offers. With the MEIZU MX smartphone, PCCW mobile now offers the widest choice of quad-core smartphones in Hong Kong.”
Mr. Desmond Cheng, Chief Operating Officer, Wilson Communications, remarked, “It is always our mission to introduce high quality products to the market, and the new MEIZU MX smartphone is definitely the best price/performance choice!”
MEIZU MX smartphone with the brand new Flyme 1.0 defines a new user experience in every way
The MEIZU MX smartphone offers sophisticated capabilities together with its self-developed and brand new Flyme 1.0 operating system based on Android 4.0. It delivers a series of outstanding features and an extraordinary user experience in every way. Some feature highlights include:
- Users can create notes in text and picture formats, including hand-drawn doodles, and share them with others through Bluetooth, email or SMS messages.
- A tailor-made and hassle-free solution for spam calls protects users through the built-in intelligent ‘filter junk calls’ feature according to different user settings and requirements.
- A simple homescreen and file management system permits users to easily customise their app dock and shortcuts, enabling direct access to files for preview, duplication, relocation and sharing anytime and anywhere.
- Users can track their lost phones by logging in to their registered Flyme accounts via any Android-based device with the Phone Finder application to lock, activate the alarm or determine the location of the phone remotely, if the lost phone is connected online.
- Users can easily take photos without touching the phone with Gesture Capture, through the smart sensor on the front screen and an 8 megapixel BSI camera with an F/2.2 lens aperture which will quickly capture the shot.
- Users can drag an app or widget to a new location on another screen by simply tapping and holding app and slightly tilting the phone to the right or left to the homescreen where they want the icon to be relocated.
Pricing and Availability
The MEIZU MX 4-core smartphone with pure white back cover will be available on June 30, 2012. A choice of 4 colors ivory white, misty pink, lilac purple and milky lime of the MEIZU MX 4-core smartphone’s back cover will also be available for consumers to purchase additionally. The suggested retail prices for the MEIZU MX 4-core smartphone with 32GB and 64GB capacities are HK$3,099 and HK$4,099 respectively. Pre-ordering is now available at MEIZU’s Hong Kong flagship store, PCCW mobile and Wilson Communications.
PCCW mobile has also made available a number of attractive offers to tie in with the exclusive launch of the MEIZU MX 4-core smartphone. These offers include HK$0 handset price for customers subscribing to its Ultimate Mobility Handset Plans at a monthly rate as low as HK$149, a special offer for standalone purchase of PCCW mobile 3G IDD rechargeable SIM card at HK$1 only (face value: HK$98), and a special offer for its All-in-one Roaming Passport. (Please refer to Appendix I for more details of the other charges and terms and conditions of these offers and other service plans offered by PCCW mobile.)
Wilson Communications will offer a Lepow (3000 mAh) portable charger as a gift for every purchase of the MEIZU MX smartphone from Wilson starting from June 30 and through the month of July 2012.