Netgear’s Universal WiFi Range Extender now available for balding home networks. The Netgear’s Universal WiFi Range Extender, first spotted at this year’s CES, is now available for shipping. WN3000RP extends your wireless network to include the area outside the range of your existing wireless router by overcoming obstacles and enhancing overall network signal quality, giving you the freedom to roam anywhere in the house and access Internet. Checkout more detail bellow.
* Extend Network — Extend Internet access throughout your home for wireless devices like iPads, iPods, laptops, smart phones, game consoles and TVs
* Enhance Existing Equipment — Keep your current equipment and improve coverage to eliminate wireless “dead zones”
* Plug-and-play — Sets up in minutes, no need to insert a CD or plug in Ethernet cables
* Push ‘N’ Connect — Push ‘N’ Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup® (WPS) connects computers and/or routers to the Extender quickly and securely
* Optimal Coverage — Link-rate LED locates the best placement spot to provide optimal wireless coverage
* Compatible — Works with any wireless b/g/n router or gateway from NETGEAR and other brands
* Superior Security — Works with all security standards including WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, mixed mode and WEP
* Connect — Ethernet port allows the Extender to function as a bridge to connect to home theater devices
* NETGEAR Green features — Power on/off button, 80% recycled packaging
You can find the extender at retailers located all over this green Earth, where it’ll be priced at around $90.
Eliminate WiFi Dead Spots: NETGEAR Universal WiFi Range Extender Boosts Reach of Home Networks and Is Ready in Minutes
Enjoy increased wireless coverage for video streaming, online multi-player gaming and more with the NETGEAR Universal WiFi Range Extender (WN3000RP) helping to connect devices including tablets, smartphones and Internet TVs
SAN JOSE, Calif., June 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — NETGEAR®, Inc. (Nasdaq: NTGR), a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, announces the easy and affordable solution for eliminating wireless dead spots at home: the new NETGEAR Universal WiFi Range Extender (WN3000RP), now available from major retailers worldwide.
A rapidly expanding constellation of Internet-enabled mobile and entertainment devices including tablets, smartphones, Blu-ray players, game consoles, laptops and televisions are connecting to WiFi networks from around the house and even outside on decks and patios. A big driver for this trend is the increasing availability of movies, TV shows and other video through online streaming. Consumers want to watch streaming video on their laptops, tablets and Internet-capable televisions, creating greater demand for strong WiFi connections.
This makes WiFi dead spots more unwelcome than ever, but the answer up to now – running an Ethernet cable through walls and ceilings to add a second wireless access point – has been inconvenient and complicated.
The NETGEAR Universal WiFi Range Extender increases the coverage of home networks by automatically repeating the wireless signal from a WiFi router or gateway.
The extender is a single, compact, self-contained white cube that plugs into any AC outlet. No new wiring is required, and setup takes only a few minutes. When paired with routers that have a “Push ‘N’ Connect” (WiFi Protected Setup) button, the only configuration required is simply pressing the “Push ‘N’ Connect” button on the router and then on the extender.
Dynamic LED indicators on the extender help find the best location for WN3000RP in the home, usually about halfway between the router and the wireless dead spot.
The extender supports 802.11b/g/n and works with all common WiFi security standards including WEP, WPA and WPA2.
“Today consumers are connecting more and more wireless mobile devices and Internet-capable TVs to their networks, from more places in the home. These devices are often used for high-bandwidth activities, such as video streaming and multi-player games, that require rock-solid WiFi connections,” said Damir Skripic, Product Line Manager for Connected Entertainment at NETGEAR. “The NETGEAR Universal WiFi Range Extender makes it possible to enjoy a robust wireless connection in remote corners of the house or outdoors, in places that now have low or no WiFi signal.”
Pricing and Availability
The NETGEAR Universal WiFi Range Extender (WN3000RP) is now available worldwide from major retailers – in stores and online –with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $89.99 in the United States.
News From engadget.com
Buy Cheapest Related Product From Amazon.com
| « Previous |
Logitech Touch Lapdesk N600 Makes Your Laptop Cool
| Next » |
Live Transit Updates In Google Maps Android