Kensington powerback for kickstand case doubles as iPad battery and also announces new iPad accessories…
Kensington Computer Products Group, a worldwide leader in delivering smart made simple™ computing and smartphone accessories, today introduced three new iPad accessories to help boost productivity for users of the tablet computer on-the-go or in the car. Kensington’s connectivity enhancers are designed to be the breakthrough iPad accessories for users in need of extra versatility and best performance everywhere they go, anyplace they stay. The clever new products are a natural extension of Kensington’s celebrated line of smart made simple computing and smartphone accessories, now offering power and protection to bring unlimited use to the iPad.
Kensington’s PowerBack™ Battery Case with Kickstand and Dock is an innovative, all-in-one design that integrates battery charging, protective casing, three-position kickstand and dock abilities. The built-in charger provides up to five extra hours of power for iPad, while the simple slip-on case protects the tablet computer in a compact and easy to carry form factor for use in all environments. The PowerBack’s kickstand adapts to individual user needs by offering three convenient viewing modes for iPad: portrait mode is best for photo viewing and web browsing, landscape mode makes video watching a joy, and typing mode makes texting and emailing via iPad easy and comfortable.
Eliminate the need for multiple chargers with the Kensington Wall Pack Duo Charger that simultaneously powers two iPad, iPhone, or iPod devices from a single wall outlet. Featuring a low profile design that is ideal for everyday use at home or in the office, the extra power source also includes a detachable USB sync cable to sync devices from a computer. Kensington’s PowerBolt™ Duo Car Charger offers a quick charge on the road to both an iPad and iPhone, iPod, or other mobile device, and features two power ports to simultaneously renew energy for maximum efficiency.
At the June 2010 Worldwide Developer’s Conference, Apple announced1 its extraordinary success in iPad sales with an estimate that there is one iPad sold every 3 seconds. Since then, the high demand for the product continues to grow from business users in particular. In fact, according to a recent report2 by BusinessWeek, the future enterprise device of choice for mobile workers will be an iPad. As today’s workforce relies more on the tablet computer to complete business tasks and transactions, accessories that extend connectivity of the iPad will become essential to achieving productivity.
Kensington iPad Accessories provide continuous power and protection:
Kensington PowerBack™ Battery Case with Kickstand and Dock (K39249US; SRP $129.99)
The Kensington PowerBack Battery Case with Kickstand and Dock slips over the back of your iPad to provide power, protection and a convenient prop. With up to 5 extra hours of power, you’ll have plenty of juice for app use, web surfing, and movie watching. The 3-position steel kickstand even holds your iPad handsfree in typing, portrait, or landscape modes.
- Built-in 4400mAh battery provides up to 5 extra hours of power Micro USB charge and sync port lets you charge and sync without removing the PowerBack
- Built-in speaker deflectors for clear, crisp sound
- LED battery fuel gauge indicates charge amount
- Soft touch finish case protects your iPad from bumps and bruises
Kensington Wall Pack Duo Charger (K39232US; SRP $29.99)
Simultaneously charge two iPad, iPhone, or iPod devices from a single wall outlet with the Kensington Wall Pack Duo Charger. It’s 2.1 Amp ready to provide the quick charge your iPad needs and includes a detachable USB sync cable that you can use to sync your devices from your computer.
- 2.1 Amp ready to provide quick charging for iPad
- Low-profile design takes up just one wall outlet
- Detachable USB wall adapter
- Simultaneously charge two devices including two iPad, iPhone, or iPod devices from a single wall outlet
- Detachable USB cable charges and syncs your iPad, iPhone, or iPod from your laptop or desktop computer
Kensington PowerBolt™ Duo Car Charger (K33497US; SRP $29.99)
Charge two devices simultaneously with the PowerBolt Duo from Kensington. It features two charging ports: the powerful 2.1 Amp port has the juice you need to charge your iPad, while the 1 Amp port simultaneously charges your iPhone, iPod, or other mobile devices.
- Two USB power ports
- 2.1 Amp USB port has the power to charge your iPad
- 1 Amp USB port charges your iPhone or iPod
- Detachable USB cable charges and syncs from your computer or car
- Ultra-small size
- LED power indicator
- iPhone and iPod touch models require iPhone OS 3.0 or later
The PowerBolt Duo Car Charger is an addition to the existing Family of PowerBolt Chargers:
Kensington PowerBolt™ Micro Car Charger (K39224US; SRP $24.99)
Turn drive time into charge time with the Kensington PowerBolt Micro Car Charger. With 2.1 Amps, there’s plenty of power to give your iPad, iPhone, and iPod a quick charge. And its ultra low-profile design blends nicely into your vehicle’s interior.
- Now 2.1 Amps ready to provide quick iPad charging
- The detachable USB cable lets you charge and sync your iPad, iPhone, or iPod
- Compatible with iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone, iPod touch, iPod nano (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th gen), iPod classic, iPod mini, or iPod (1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th gen) excluding 3rd Generation iPod
These Kensington iPad accessories are currently available for pre-order at Amazon.com, and Kensington.com and other major retailers. For additional information on the new and existing line of Kensington products, please visit http://www.kensington.com.
Some Pictures of accessories: