Apparently the flashing tools Microsoft has been using to update Windows Phone 7.5 beta to the RTM version has leaked onto the internet and there is a reasonably good chance that flashing the RTM, which is only slightly different from the 7712 build out already, will leave your device in a state not updatable by the official release, but when you made a NoDo back-up, it should be possible to get back to the straight and narrow. This is still considered a developer release, which simply means that it will work on any Windows Phone 7 device without modifications and Windows Phone Mango is the long wished-for major update for Windows Phone 7, aimed at building on the first-generation platform, which is expected to bring Microsoft’s smartphone division up to par with its main competitors, mainly Android and iOS……………..
The final bits for Windows Phone 7.5 Mango leaked online and the release to manufacturing (RTM) build 7720 of Windows Phone 7.5 Mango has been made available thanks to a workaround for handsets. Microsoft employees have been able to flash their devices to the final bits over the past week and it appears the tools used to do so have leaked. XDA-Developers has posted the tools and instructions for users on NoDo (7390), Mango (7661) and Mango beta refresh (7712). .It’s worth noting that the build does not contain specific OEM customisations or updated device specific firmware so if you flash to the RTM build then you do so at your own risk. Microsoft is currently testing its final RTM build alongside device OEMs and carriers in preparation for its upcoming rollout over the next two months. Microsoft is expected to unveil a number of new Windows Phone 7.5 Mango devices at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin on September 1. The final bits for Windows Phone 7.5 Mango will be distributed in a similar way to the NoDo update with specific updates for each different device.
Edit of the instruction file:
Caution: Do this at your own risk, no one is to blame if your update fails
- Phone with Nodo (7392), Mango 7661 (Beta) or Mango 7712 (Developer Beta)
- Micro-USB cable
- PC with at least 20 GB of free disk space on C: (Only needed if you want to backup your device) external hard drive or USB flash drive with up to 16 GB of free space (for the backup)
- 1.5 – 2 hours available to flash from start, perhaps more if something go wrong, or if you accidentally make a mistake less if flashing from 7712
- All contents must be extracted to a local disk, not a backup/external disk. I can recommend to put all contents of the extracted Mango folder directly to C:/ (If you got enough available space)
- Install the zune beta client version 4.8.2134.0 (comes with the downloaded file)
- If necessary (usualy is), run the flashing tool “updatewp” from the folder “update tool” install right version for your system, 32 or 64-bit
- Connect Device via USB to the PC
- Close Zune software if it opens when connecting
- If your device is allready using 7661 or 7712, go to Step 16
- You can also follow Ansars instructions on keeping Chevron unlock here
- Open the “NoDoToRC” folder and run the file “ISV_Provisioning_Live.exe” with admin rights (right click on the file..)
- The tool will now create a backup of the phone. This takes quite some time, depending on how much you have installed on your device.
- The phone will reboot and are starting communication with a “special” update server. If necessary, enter PIN code if activated on your device
- Please dont close the update tool until it say its finished.
- 10. In the directory “C: \ Users \ <user> \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ Windows Mobile Update,”there should be the newly created backup folder with a cryptic name. Please feel free to copy the folder to a secure location (external hard disk, etc.) and keep safe!
- Now start the Zune client (with your phone connected) and it will begin looking for updates.
- Build 7403 will now be found found and installed.
- After 7403 has finished updating, the update is moving seamless to 7712 – the public developer beta.
- If everything is done properly: Congratulations, the phone is in now running build 7712
- Close/exit Zune.
- Copy the “RCToRTM” folder to “c:\” and only there.
- In the RCToRTM folder, locate the “ISVTo7720.bat” and run as admin /still right click on file…)
- Several updates will be installed, and the phone might reboot a few times. If applicable, please enter the PIN code.
- If everything went smoothly: Congratulations, the phone is now on RTM 7720
| « Previous
More Details About Mothership AppleHQ Building
| Next »
Download OS X Lion 10.7.2 Build 11C37 With iCloud Beta 7 [Developers Only]