Past July, we have seen Google dumping some redundant services. On September 28, Friday, Google announced that it is preparing to dump some more. The services that are going to be eliminated are – AdSense for Feeds, Classic Plus, Spreadsheet Gadgets, Google News badges, and the Places Directory app for Android.
* AdSense for Feeds was designed to help publishers earn revenue from their content by placing ads on their RSS feeds. But Google has decided to dump it starting from October 2. On December 3, it’ll be permanently closed.
* Through Classic Plus people can upload or select images to use as a background on google.com. But, Google has decided to eliminate this service too. Users won’t be able to upload any new pictures from October 16. Google will turn the service off in November 2012.
* Spreadsheet Gadgets allowed people to add customized features to Google Spreadsheets. But now Google has decided to shut down the service. The company will start shutting down this service next year.
* Google will stop issuing and displaying News Badges from October 15. It’ll also stop showing Recommended Sections in Google News.
* Places Directory is an Android app. Unfortunately, Google will remove the app from Google Play. Besides it will take down the Places Directory site also.
In the blog post announcing the shut downs Google’s Senior Engineering Director, Yossi Matias, also said, “We want people to have a beautifully simple experience when using Google. These changes will enable us to focus better so that we can do more to help improve the products that millions of people use multiple times a day.”
Source : Google Blog
Buy Cheapest Related Product From Amazon.com
| « Previous
Computer Can Predict Whether A Song Will Be Hit Or Not
| Next »
Nook GlowLight Price Drops To Match Kindle Paperwhite