During Los Angeles Auto Show in 2012, Italian car maker Fiat unveiled its latest Fiat 500e electric car for 2013. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has rated the 2013 Fiat 500e Electric Car (EV) at 122 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) in the city and 108 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) on the highway.
The 2013 Fiat 500e EV is powered by a 111-horsepower electric motor that propels the subcompact to a maximum speed of 85 mph, 24-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery. The battery can be recharged in less than four hours on 240-volt Level 2 On-Board Charging Module (OBCM) or around 24 hours on 120-volt OBCM. Here are the features of Fiat 500e.
- 111 hp (83-kW) Electric-Drive Motor
- BLUE&ME™ Hands-Free Communication w/ iPod® Mobile Device, USB & MP3 Interface
- 24-kWh Lithium-Ion High-Voltage Battery
- Electronic Vehicle Information Center
- 147 lb-ft (200 N-m) of Torque
- 7 Airbags+
- Approximately 4-Hour Charging with Level 2 Charger
- Heated Front Seats
- 15-Inch Firestone Firehawk® GT Low Rolling Resistance Tires
- ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System+
- Electronic “Push-Button” Shifter
- Antilock Regenerative Brake System
- TomTom® with Voice Activated Commands and Battery Range Indicators and Routing
- Electronic Stability Control+
- Smartphone Application with Remote Telematics
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio+
- Available eSport Exterior Package
- Low Operational Cost – No oil changes, longer life brakes, less maintenance
According to Fiat, 2013 Fiat 500e EV is better than any other upcoming electric vehicles of 2013. EPA has rated 2013 The Smart car at 68 miles, 2013 Mitsubishi i-MiEV at 62 miles and the 2013 Nissan Leaf at 73-mile range. But EPA has estimated that 2013 Fiat 500e EV will go 87-mile (140-km) per full charge, and hence the car gets a combined rating of 116 MPGe (2.0 L/100km) last Friday. Here is a demo video of the upcoming Fiat 500e EV.
The EPA has also estimated that 15,000 miles yearly travelling will cost $500 for charging (yearly). However, the car will be first sold at FIAT Studios in California in the second quarter of 2013. To know more about the car, visit Fiat’s official website.