Gmail v2.3.5 for Android updates with label-specific ringtones and sync priority mail only options. So if you are a regular user of Gmail app for Android then you may know that Google’s Android platform is the best way to access it, and with v2.3.5 it gets even more better then before. Although the Android Market website is still showing version 22.214.171.124, you will get upgraded via the Market on our devices.
According to Engadget the top two new features this time around include the ability to sync only priority messages that helps to saving battery life and keeping unimportant messages at bay and the ability to individually set notifications and ringtones for any of the labels in your inbox. There is also new are features like remembering “Show Pictures” for specific senders, a toggle for sticky message actions in all orientations as well as improved overall performance and TalkBack screen reader support. Engadget also share the new features, check it out bellow.
What’s in this version:
1. Save bandwidth and battery by only syncing priority mail
2. Use label notifications to mash up filters, labels, and ringtones
3. Remember ‘Show Pictures’ for senders
4. Turn off sticky message actions in landscape or all orientations
5. Better TalkBack support for accessibility
6. Performance improvements