Magazine-reader app Zinio for Android gets a nice little kick in the performance department with some page flip-happy hardware-acceleration, Zinio and NVIDIA have worked together to bring a new version of the popular Zinio for Android app exclusively to Android 3.0 and Android 3.1 Honeycomb tablets powered by Tegra. Taking advantage of the Nvidia Tegra chip in your Mototola Xoom or Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to smooth out page transitions and pinch-to-zoom. Nvidia posted a side-by-side comparison video demonstrating the improvements on a pair of Xooms and you an try it out for yourself by downloading Zinio version 1.10.3641 from the Android Market………..
Zinio announced that its newsstand for Android 3.0 and Android 3.1 tablet devices just got a whole lot faster. Through close collaboration with NVIDIA, Zinio has brought advanced hardware acceleration capabilities to its Zinio for Android app, for all Android 3.0 and 3.1 tablets with the NVIDIA TegraT 2 super chip. The hardware accelerated version of the Zinio for Android app is now available for free download on the Android Market, exclusively for Tegra-powered Android 3.0 and 3.1 tablets. Consumers will experience greatly increased performance capabilities and smooth page turning, zooming and panning. This new performance supports Zinio‘s ongoing efforts to provide users with the most engaging reading experience available. Consumers with Tegra-powered Android 3.0 and 3.1 tablets can enjoy substantial improvement in the performance of the standard Zinio app. Among these devices are high-resolution tablets like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, ASUS Eee Pad Transformer, Motorola Xoom, T-Mobile G-Slate by LG, LG Optimus Pad and Acer Iconia Tab A500.
“Zinio has an extensive collection of rich and interactive magazines,” said Neil Trevett, Vice President of Mobile Content at NVIDIA. “By optimizing performance for Tegra-based tablets, Zinio and NVIDIA are delivering an amazing reading experience.” “We’re always looking for ways to improve the Zinio user experience, and integrating NVIDIA’s incredible graphics processing capabilities was a no-brainer,” said Rich Maggiotto, Zinio President and CEO. “Close cooperation between the two companies harnessed the power of Tegra to provide incredibly smooth page turning, zooming and panning capabilities for our Android users.” Currently, tens of thousands of magazines from every major publisher are available through Zinio on Android 3.x devices. Unique to Zinio, its UNITYT platform allows readers to simultaneously store, read and engage with their personal newsstand across all of their devices and operating systems including Mac, PC, laptop, iOS, Android and soon webOS, Windows 7 and BlackBerry. All Android users who download Zinio will automatically be given for free three of the latest issues of favorite magazines ESPN, Harper’s Bazaar and Popular Science.
- Read full-color pages or text mode for simple reading.
- Purchase full subscriptions for the best value, or buy single issues and find your new favorites.
- Sync your entire library easily with your computer and other supported mobile devices.
- Read with interactive features, rich media, and digital-only content in select magazines
- Magazines worldwide, published Canada, UK, Australia, Spain, France, Italy, Russia, Japan and more.
- Business and News — Bloomberg BusinessWeek, The Economist, HBR
- For Men — Maxim, Esquire, Car & Driver, Men’s Fitness, Outside
- Fashion — Elle, Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Nylon, Harper’s Bazaar, BlackBook
- Home / Lifestyle — Saveur, O: The Oprah Magazine, Dwell, Wine Enthusiast
- Tech — T3, Macworld, PC World, PC Gamer, X-Box World, Layers
- Science — National Geographic, The Smithsonian, New Scientist, Science
- International — Vogue France, Esquire UK, Hola Mexico, GQ Japan
- New Arrivals — Harper’s, Computer Arts, Business Traveler, Guitar Player, Edge, Consumer Reports