Nikon’s revolutionary new Coolpix S1000pj combines 12.1 effective megapixels and a 5x wide-angle Zoom-NIKKOR lens with the world’s first camera with an ultra-small built-in projector. The Coolpix S1000pj combines Nikon’s 5-way VR Image Stabilization system and an incredible bright, high-resolution 2.7-inch LCD for getting sharp, clear pictures. The Coolpix S1000pj features Nikon’s Smart Portrait System, with Smile Shutter, that enables you to get great portraits, with a touch of the shutter! Enjoy the Coolpix S1000pj’s built-in projector to create a great slide show and movies right at your party or gathering, it’s your personal theater on the go. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
- 12.1-megapixel resolution for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches
- World’s first camera with an ultra-small, built-in projector provides new ways for enjoying your pictures anytime and anywhere
- 5x wide-angle Zoom-NIKKOR glass lens; 5-way VR image stabilization system
- Bright 2.7-inch high-resolution LCD; Scene Auto Selector and Smart Portrait System
- Capture images to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)
- Brand Name: Nikon
- Model: S1000pj
- Optical Sensor Resolution: 12.1 MP
- Optical Sensor Technology: CCD
- Optical zoom: 5 x
- Maximum Aperature Range: F/3.9-5.8
- Minimum focal length: 5 millimeters
- Maximum focal length: 25 millimeters
- Lens Type: Zoom lens
- Optical Sensor Size: 1/2.3″
- Included Flash Type: Built-in flash
- Display Size: 2.7 inches
- Light Sensitivity: ISO 100, ISO 800, ISO 400, ISO 200, ISO 80, ISO auto (80-400), ISO auto (80-200), ISO 3200 (3Mpix), ISO 6400 (3Mpix), ISO auto (80-800), ISO 1600
- Image types: JPEG
- Shooting Modes: Frame movie mode
- Exposure Control Type: Landscape, Portrait mode, Close-up, Museum, Party/indoor, Back light, Beach/snow, Night portrait, Food, Fireworks, Night landscape, Dawn/dusk, Panorama assist, Copy, Sports mode, Sunset
- Viewfinder Type: None
- Width: 3.9 inches
- Depth: 0.9 inches
- Height: 2.5 inches
- Weight: 5.5 Ounces
The world’s first compact camera to feature a built-in projector enhances the fun of sharing special moments anywhere
Coolpix S1000pj packs the pleasure of a personal go-anywhere theater into a stylish compact enclosure. The Coolpix S1000pj delivers a fun new way to share pictures and video with friends and family in most any location.
The Coolpix S1000pj is the first compact digital camera in the world to feature a built-in projector. With a simple touch of a button, the camera projects favorite photos or movies clips on any flat surface at up to 40 inches in size. Pictures can be projected individually, or as slide shows complete with music and added effects that enhance the experience. It’s the fun new way to share pictures with family and friends in most any location.
This capability to project still images or movie clips gives rise to an entirely new form of communication as all participants visually share the passion of special moments together. For example, the Coolpix S1000pj can be used to capture photos on a family vacation, and then serve double-duty as a personal theater in the evening as everyone enjoys viewing the highlights of the day projected on a wall or a ceiling. Whenever and just about wherever friends gather, the Coolpix S1000pj’s projector can add whole new life to the party by displaying nostalgic pictures or freshly shot images for all to enjoy. Parents can even use the Coolpix S1000pj to display photos of their own artworks or other images on the ceiling to complement bedtime stories they tell their children.
- Brightness: Up to 10 lumens
- Image size: 5 to 40 in.
- Throw distance: Approx. 10 in. to 6 ft. 6 in.(26 cm to 2 m)
- Endurance (battery life): Approx. 1 hour
- Resolution (output): VGA equivalent
A handy projector stand is included, as is a remote control that can be used to operate the projector, release the shutter, and more.
Also featured are the precision optics of a 5x zoom NIKKOR lens that provides the compositional freedom of 28mm wide-angle coverage and macro shooting ability from as close as 3 cm (1.2 in.). This combines with the image quality and performance benefits of Nikon’s innovative EXPEED digital image-processing concept to help ensure consistently beautiful results produced at the high resolution of 12.1 effective megapixels.
Nikon Coolpix S1000pj Feature Highlights
EXPEED digital imaging technology
Nikon’s smarter approach to digital imaging technology. From image capture to processing, Nikon’s comprehensive EXPEED digital imaging concept encompasses the entire picture-taking operation. EXPEED is much more than a processing engine; it is a revolution in digital photography.
Sharper results with five advanced Nikon image stabilizing features
Nikon’s Optical lens shift and Electronic VR image stabilization systems combine to help produce blur-free images. High ISO 6400 capability allows faster shutter speeds when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects. Motion Detection automatically controls shutter speed and the ISO setting to compensate for subject movement and camera shake. And, Nikon’s original BSS (Best Shot Selector) function automatically shoots a series of sequential frames and saves the one with the sharpest focus.
Nikon’s Smart Portrait System with Skin Softening
Face-priority AF helps produce more satisfying portraits by adjusting focus and exposure for as many as 12 faces in the framed shot. Skin Softening function detects and analyzes a framed subject’s skin, and then adjusts smoothness to produce enhanced results. Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when the subject smiles, while its Blink Proof function shoots two sequential frames, then saves the one in which the subject’s eyes are widest open. Blink Warning presents an alert when it suspects that someone in the shot has blinked. In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically corrects any perceived red-eye effect before saving the image to memory.
Intelligent automated shooting modes that promote carefree shooting
Nikon’s Scene Auto Selector makes it faster and easier to capture the moment by eliminating the need to manually select a scene mode to match the intended shot. This intelligent function determines the subject, analyzes the surrounding settings, and then automatically selects the appropriate scene mode for optimal results. Subject Tracking enhances the shooting experience by following the subject’s movement to ensure clear focus and quick response when that special shutter opportunity presents itself. Subject Tracking even functions if the subject moves out of the frame for a second or two.
Quick Retouch automatically adjusts the contrast and saturation of selected photos to create an enhanced copy with the right finishing touch.
Nikon Coolpix S1000pj Other Features
- 2.7-inch high-resolution LCD monitor with anti-reflection coated cover
- 16 handy scene modes for optimized shooting in various settings
- Active Zoom
- Auto Sort and Favorite Pictures functions
- Four movie modes with sound
- Time zone function for easy setting of multiple locations
- Approx. 36 MB of internal memory
- Hi-Speed USB connectivity
What’s in the Box
- EN-EL12 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- MH-65 Battery Charger
- UC-E6 USB Cable
- EG-CP14 Audio Video Cable
- AN-CP19 Strap
- ET-2 Projector Stand
- ML-L4 Remote Control
- Coolpix Software Suite CD-ROM