Cisco release Linksys E4200 dual-band router with up to 450Mbps speeds capability.Cisco Linksys E4200 is with an innovative design which gives consumers the speed and range for the ultimate wireless experience…….
Cisco today unveiled its best-in-class wireless home router the Linksys E4200 maximum performane dual-band wireless-N router.Linksys E4200 designed for optimum home theater performance.The E4200 works seamlessly with the latest entertainment devices including Internet TVs, iPad tablets, game consoles, smart phones, e-readers and VoIP devices.Linksys E4200 Dual-Band Router not only helps boost performance and range in the home and it provides industry-leading speed of up to 450 Mbps or smooth streaming of video and music and uninterrupted gaming.
This latest state of the art router features simultaneous dual-band wireless-N, four gigabit ports and a 3×3 antenna configuration that help give it unparalleled speed and range.The E4200 also features a next-generation industrial design that combines sleek contours with advanced functionality. The research firm IDC reports that worldwide shipments of wireless-N routers are expected to grow 158% from 2010 – 2014 and the number of household with multimedia networks will grow 103% over the same time period. (IDC, Worldwide Home Networking 2010-2014 Forecast Update, Doc.# 225479, Nov. 2010) These growth projections emphasize the need for high performance routers like the Linksys E4200 that will provide the speed and range connectivity throughout the home.
The E4200’s new USB feature makes it easy to add external storage to the network and since it is an UPnP Media server as well, consumers can easily store, share and stream movies, music and games to other devices around the home. The USB port also has plans for converting to a Virtual USB port which will also enable printers to easily connect to the network so all users in the home can print wirelessly. The included Cisco Connect software continues to provide simple three-step setup and network management tools such as parental controls and guest access. The Linksys E4200 Maximum Performance Dual-Band Wireless-N Router is immediately available for an MSRP of $179.99.
- Maximum performance of up to 300 Mbps (2.4) and up to 450 Mbps (5.0GHz)
- Simultaneous dual-band (2.4 and 5.0 GHz) with four 10/100/100 gigabit ports
- 3X3 internal MIMO special stream configuration on the 5 Ghz band for ideal performance for streaming HD videos, gaming and voice
- Internal and external amplifiers for maximum speed at greater distances for added in-home mobility
- Six antennas for maximum range
- Quality of Service (QoS) for prioritizing bandwidth for movies, voice or music
- UPnP media server for adding on storage to serve your Internet-enabled TVs or media server PCs
- USB port for easily adding external storage drives