The Taiwanese tech company Asus has brought PQ321 a professional-grade 31.5-inch desktop monitor. The 4K monitor features a 3840 x 2160-pixel (16:9, 140 ppi) 10-bit RGB (one billion colors) IGZO display. The Asus PQ321 4K monitor is designed with an adjustable stand for flexible viewing.
The Asus PQ321 4K monitor includes LED backlight, 176-degree viewing angles, 350 cd/m2 brightness and 8ms GTG response time. The monitor also packs with built-in stereo speakers (2W). It also has height, tilt and swivel adjustments. Connectivity includes DisplayPort, 3.5mm audio, RS-232C and, for US models, dual HDMI inputs with picture-in-picture support. The dual HDMI support the same resolution as IMAX Digital as well as multiple GeForce Titan graphics cards.
According to Asus, the monitor is only 35mm thick and is wall-mountable (VESA). This makes it the thinnest 4K monitor in the market. Right now we don’t know anything about the pricing. But Asus is expected to show the monitor in Computex in Taipei, the second largest expo for computer hardware, next week along with a 39-inch 4K monitor. The PQ321 is expected to be available in North America at the end of June. Check the specifications at a glance below.
The raw specifications for Asus PQ321:
- 31.5 inch display size (16:9 aspect ratio)
- Indium Gallium Zinc Oxide (IGZO) panel, LED backlit
- 3840×2160 resolution (140ppi)
- 1.07 billion colors (10-bit RGB)
- 176 / 176 (H / V) degree viewing angle
- 350 cd/m2 brightness
- 8ms (gtg) response time
- Color temperature and gamma adjustments
- I/O: DisplayPort, 2x HDMI (“optional”), RS-232C, 3.5mm audio in and out
- 2W stereo speakers
- Tilt, swivel, height adjustments; VESA mount (no landscape/portrait pivot)
- 750mm x 489mm x 256mm with stand, 13kg net weight
- Comes with DisplayPort 1.2 cable and an RS-232C conversion cable