SLC (Single-Level Cell) NAND flash memory chip is being used to make enterprise related SSD that’s why it is more expensive. SLC NAND able to give high performance data access and long-term endurance in challenging enterprise I/O environments. Opposite to, MLC (Multi-Level Cell) NAND is cheaper that can deliver slower write speeds and higher power consumption. But it ensures I/O performance and long-term reliability. Micron has brought a new branded enterprise SATA SSD called P400e where MLC NAND has been used. The P400e’s 50GB, 100GB, 200GB and 400GB is now available at popular online store.
Micron’s P400e is specially designed for those customer who looks to buy cheaper SSD but able to deliver high performance in enterprise environments. Its excellent dollars-per-IOP performance makes it a competitive replacement for enterprise HDD solutions.
Micron RealSSD P400e is available at Insight Enterprises for $256.99 (100GB).
- Optimized for Low TCO: P400e drives provide outstanding IOPs-per-watt and dollars-per-IOP for enterprise solutions
- Excellent Read Performance: With read rates of up to 50,000 IOPs random and 350 MB/s sequential, P400e drives deliver focused enterprise performance.
- Start-to-Finish Quality: In addition to product advantages, the company also offers unique NAND supplier advantages.
Ideal for use in applications that require:
- High read workloads.
- Data reliability.
- Fast data recovery.
- Data integrity.
- Enterprise endurance.
- Application loading.
- OS loading for enterprise storage.
- Read caching.
- Multi-threaded read workloads.
- Embedded applications.
- Industrial applications.