TrendNet outs first 450 Mbps dual-band WiFi adapter and you’ve got a computer endowed with its own wireless radio, but that doesn’t mean it’s powerful enough to handle your non-stop streaming these days. TRENDnet 450 Mbps dual band wireless N USB adapter is mighty boost over the 54Mbps or 150Mbps rates you might be used to and it’ll connect to either 2.4GHz or 5GHz networks……..
TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand announces the launch of the 450 Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter, model TEW-684UB-the world’s first ultra-high performance 450 Mbps wireless USB adapter.The 450 Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter upgrades laptop and desktop connectivity to the highest wireless performance available. Computers purchased with integrated wireless are most often outfitted with either 150 Mbps Wireless N or even slower 54 Mbps Wireless G technology-which bottlenecks performance to 150 Mbps or 54Mbps respectively when connecting to a 450 Mbps router. TRENDnet‘s TEW-684UB is the first wireless USB adapter that has the capability of connecting to a router at 450 Mbps speeds.Place the adapter in the most ergonomic location with the included three foot USB extension cable. WMM Quality of Service (QoS) technology prioritizes gaming, Internet calls and video streams. LEDs on the front of the adapter convey device status.
Advanced Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) antenna technology with three spatial streams per antenna generates a maximum theoretical wireless throughput of 450 Mbps. Quickly connect to a 450 Mbps 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz wireless network at the touch of a button with the convenience of one-touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).“In the highly competitive Networking market space, it is fairly difficult to be the first to market with new technology,” stated Pei Huang, President and CEO of TRENDnet. “Thanks to the dedication of all TRENDnet employees, we have brought to market, not only the first 450 Mbps USB adapter, but also the first 450 Mbps router, 450 Mbps Ethernet adapter, and 450 Mbps access point. Now for the first time, TRENDnet gives consumers the opportunity to network all of their devices to a high speed 450 Mbps network.”The 450 Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter, model TEW-684UB, comes with a three year limited warranty and an MSRP of U.S. $79.99.
- Upgrade your computer to 450Mbps Dual Band Wireless N
- Seamlessly stream HD video over the less congested 5GHz band
- Position the adapter in the optimum location using the USB extension cable
- Powered by the computers’ USB port
- One-touch connection to router with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- 1 x USB 2.0 connector
- Wi-Fi compliant with IEEE 802.11n/g/b/a standards
- One-touch wireless connection with external Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button
- Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) technology
- Maximum reliability, throughput, and connectivity with automatic data rate switching
- Supports 64/128-bit WEP, WPA/WPA2-RADIUS, and WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
- Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) Quality of Service (QoS) data prioritization
- Easy user setup and intuitive diagnostic utility
- Coverage of up to 100 meters indoor (330 feet) and 300 meters outdoor (980 feet) *
- 3-year limited warranty