Adobe has repaired seven critical debilitation in Flash Player and side by side released sandboxed plug-in for Firefox and security updates for Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.168 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux. The company also released Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.124 and earlier versions for Android 4.x, and Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199 and earlier versions for Android 3.x and 2.x, respectively. It is the fifth security update in 2012. The company said that these bug allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
Adobe has released a ‘silent update’ tool which will support OS X. This update is specially made for the upcoming OS X 10.8 aka Mountain Lion. For installing this security tool from sources other than Apple’s own Mac App Store, users are required to sign its code.
Adobe said “These updates address vulnerabilities that could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.”
Adobe gives some solutions for users:
- Adobe recommends users of Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.52 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh should update to the newest version 11.3.300.257 by downloading it from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center. Windows users of Flash Player 11.2.x who have selected the silent update option will receive the update automatically. Windows users who do not have the silent update option enabled and users of Adobe Flash Player 10.3.x or later for Macintosh can also install the update via the update mechanism within the product when prompted.
- Adobe recommends users of Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206 and earlier versions for Linux should update to Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.11 by downloading it from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center.
- Flash Player installed with Google Chrome will be updated automatically, so no user action is required. Google Chrome users can verify that they have updated to Google Chrome version 19.0.1084.56, which includes Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.257.
- For users who cannot update to Flash Player 11.3.300.257, Adobe has developed a patched version of Flash Player 10.x, Flash Player 10.3.183.20, which can be downloaded here.
- Users of Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.168 and earlier versions on Android 4.x devices should update to Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.124 by browsing to Google play on an Android device. Users of Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199 and earlier versions for Android 3.x and earlier versions should update to Flash Player 188.8.131.52 by browsing to Google play on an Android device.
- Adobe recommends users of Adobe AIR 184.108.40.206 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh and Android update to Adobe AIR 220.127.116.1110.