Adobe has unveiled next generation Acrobat XI software that comes with cloud services. Acrobat XI offers a powerful new solution that has ability to edit PDF document and can export document to Microsoft PowerPoint. This new version of Acrobat will provide to enhance the document productivity across devices.
The industry standard for PDF software features including touch-friendly capabilities on tablets, newly integrated cloud services such as sophisticated Web contracting with Adobe EchoSign and forms creation, data collection and analysis with Adobe FormsCentral.
Mark Grilli, senior director of product marketing for Acrobat solutions said, “We’ve made it really easy to get things done, we made great efforts to simplify things to help you avoid mistakes.”
In addition, Acrobat XI will also support IT departments with seamless Microsoft Office and SharePoint integration, easy deployment, applications virtualization and robust application security to help provide a low cost of ownership and sound return on investment. Some products also has been included in this release are such as Acrobat XI Pro, Acrobat XI Standard, Adobe Reader XI and newly integrated document services, Adobe FormsCentral and Adobe EchoSign.
Melissa Webster, program vice president, IDC said, “The compounding complexity of work has never been more pressing. As the number of mobile devices and the use of cloud services surge, information workers must be empowered to work more effectively with documents anywhere on any device,” said Melissa Webster, program vice president, IDC.” He also added, “They need a solution that enables them to collaborate with others inside and outside the firewall while at the same time meeting IT and organizational requirements for streamlined management, application security, and secure delivery of information – all with a high ROI.”
New and improved features and functionality for business professionals:
- Edit PDF files, modify paragraphs, images, and objects by simply clicking and dragging using the new, intuitive Edit Text and Images tool. Arrange and visually merge select content and multiple documents into one organized PDF file, while retaining source file integrity.
- Expedite document and Web contract approvals from weeks to hours with electronic signatures using the integrated Adobe EchoSign electronic signature service. Simplify forms creation, distribution and results analysis using the included Adobe FormsCentral desktop app.
- Enhanced mobile capabilities. Work with PDF files across tablets and smartphones in touch-friendly Adobe Reader to annotate and add comments, as well as fill in, sign and save forms.
- Save PDF documents as PowerPoint, Word or Excel files or reuse parts of or entire PDF files as Microsoft Office documents and Web pages without retyping or need to reformat.
- Improved protection of all PDF files created from Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel to help prevent copying, editing, or printing without permission.
New and improved features and functionality for IT professionals:
- Standardize on an easy to use, full-featured, consistent, trusted PDF Reader now with full support for iPads and Android tablets. Additionally, deliver Acrobat XI and Reader XI as a centrally managed, touch-friendly, virtual application with new support for Microsoft App-V via Citrix XenApp.
- Integrate Adobe Acrobat XI more seamlessly with Microsoft Office and Microsoft SharePoint, enabling users to do more with PDF in an Office or SharePoint environment.
- Streamline deployment and maintenance with free Adobe tools to aid configuration and installation, as well as enhanced support for Microsoft SCCM/SCUP and Apple Remote Desktop.
The cost of Acrobat XI Standard will be $299 ($139 upgrade) and the Acrobat XI Pro will be $449 ($199 upgrade). Acrobat XI and its included product will be shipped within 30 days.