VLC is one of the popular media player for Windows, Mac OS X and other platform. Recently, VideoLAN has released VLC 2.0.2. Among the major changes in the version, the VLC player now support Retina display. That means its application interface will be displayed at inherent resolution. The update enlarges not only to icons and menus, but also to the video content.
Lot of changes has been released for this version. For example, the aspect ratio is respected like in the 1.1.x releases. For this reason, the Retina Display (HiDPI) on the new MacBook Pro is natively supported. Font cache also has been removed therefore VLC for Mac will never ask to wait for it, but it will still find all fonts. This update also includes video output improvements for a vast number of PowerPC-based Macs which is equipped with an ATI Radeon 7500, an ATI Radeon 9200 or a NVIDIA GeForceFX 5200 Ultra as well as Intel-based Macs with an Intel GMA 950.
You can directly download VLC 2.0.2 from VideoLAN.
The full list of changes:
- Enabled drag and drop of playlist items between the temporary playlist and the persistent media library.
- Various video output improvements, notably for crop, zoom, osd and menu support.
- Enabled import of playlist items taken from the service discovery modules to the media library or the temporary playlist.
- Added media key support for keyboards by other manufacturers than Apple. This fix was facilitated through a hardware donation by ZF Friedrichshafen AG manufacturing keyboards under the brand “Cherry”.
- Added HiDPI / Retina Display save UI artwork.
- Restored the preferences’ fullscreen options, which allows the user to start videos directly in fullscreen mode.
- Keep Aspect Ratio when resizing is back.
- Added controls to manipulate the Subtitles Duration to the Track Synchronization panel.
- Hidden items in the sidebar are being retained for the next launch now.
- Fixed crash when trying to open an Audio CD by drag & drop.
- Improve reliability when opening DVDs or BDs by drag & drop.
- Fixed a crash when attaching harddrives with multiple partitions while VLC is running.
- Improved OSD rendering in fullscreen mode.
- Improved fullscreen behavior when using a smartphone remote based upon VLC’s http interface.
- The selected audio device is retained throughout multiple VLC sessions now.
- Since running the Mac OS X interface as an Extra Interface or Control Interface can lead to undefined results, the respective options will be automatically reset on the first launch, if needed.
- This fixes issues with unresponsive playback controls and crashes on quit.
- Updated Growl plugin supporting Growl 1.3.
- Improved reliablity in detecting VIDEO_TS folders when opened through the “Open Disc” panel.
- Re-implemented the “Window Decorations” option, which, if disabled, hides all the UI elements from the video output window to give you the cleanest experience possible.
- Improved the window title behavior when using the dark interface mode. It correctly responds to right and double-click events now.
- Miscellaneous minor interface improvements.
Be sure to check the complete change-log.
Buy Cheapest Related Product From Amazon.com
| « Previous |
[Tutorial] How To Update Samsung Galaxy Note To Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
| Next » |
[Tutorial] How To Import Contacts From SIM Card To Your Android Smartphone