Mac mini is a good choice for those who need a compact, powerful Computer but already own the essentials – like a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Mac mini features a sleek, aluminum design and includes ports and slots to connect to all your devices and networks. Mac mini is the world’s most energy-efficient Desktop computer, and it’s the most affordable way to enjoy the new Mac OS X Lion and iLife. Mac mini is even more of a powerhouse, thanks to a new dual-core Intel Core i5 processor and ultrafast Thunderbolt technology. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
- 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with 3MB on-chip shared L3 cache
- 2GB of 1333MHz DDR3 memory
- 500GB (5400-rpm) hard drive
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor with 288MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
- Mac OS X v10.7 Lion
Processor, Memory, and Motherboard
- Hardware Platform: Mac
- Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
- Number of Processors: 2
- RAM: 2 GB
- RAM Type: SDRAM
- Memory Slots: 4
- Size: 500 GB
- Type: Serial ATA
Graphics and Display
- Graphics RAM: 288 MB
Ports and Connectivity
- USB Ports: 4
Cases and Expandability
- Weight: 4.55 pounds
Small Footprint, Excellent Versatility
The Mac mini features a precisely constructed unibody enclosure that even houses its own integrated power supply into the 7.7-inch square aluminum enclosure (that’s also 1.4 inches thin)–eliminating the need for an external power brick. Additionally, the Mac mini helps contain your environmental footprint with a 10 watt power consumption.
Despite its smaller size, the Mac mini offers a full range of ports for connecting to your existing peripherals–from keyboards and mice to external hard drives and displays (via the Thunderbolt and HDMI ports). And when you’re ready to add more memory, the Mac mini’s bottom removable panel makes the upgrade process a breeze.
Revolutionary Thunderbolt Technology
Developed by Intel with collaboration from Apple, high-speed Thunderbolt I/O (input/output) technology delivers an amazing 10 gigabits per second of transfer speeds in both directions. Built into the Mac mini, the Thunderbolt port allows you to connect to new Thunderbolt-compatible peripherals as well as existing USB and FireWire peripherals using simple adapters. You’ll be able to move data up to 20 times faster than with USB 2.0 and more than 12 times faster than with FireWire 800, and you can daisy-chain up to six high-speed devices without using a hub. Thunderbolt also supports DisplayPort for high resolution displays and works with existing adapters for HDMI, DVI, and VGA displays.
- 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core processor (3 MB on-chip shared L3 cache) helps you breeze through everyday tasks such as emailing, web browsing, and working with documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in iWork or Microsoft Office for Mac (both sold separately).
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor (with 288 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory) for an outstanding everyday graphics experience.
- 500 GB hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 2 GB installed RAM (1333 MHz DDR3; supports up to 8 GB)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
- Gigabit Ethernet wired networking (10/100/1000BASE-T)
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology for connecting with peripherals such as keyboards, mice, and cell phones.
- Four USB 2.0 ports
- One FireWire 800 port
- Thunderbolt port with support for up to 2560 x 1600-pixel resolution (compatible with Mini DisplayPort devices)
- HDMI audio/video output with support for up to 1920 x 1200-pixel resolution and multichannel audio output (included adapter for DVI output).
- Combined optical digital output/headphone output (also includes line-in/microphone jack)
- Secure Digital memory card slot compatible with SD, SDHC, and SDXC media
- Dimensions: 7.7 x 7.7 x 1.4 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.7 pounds
Note: The Mac mini does not come with an optical drive, however OS X Lion offers the convenient DVD or CD Sharing feature, which lets you wirelessly “borrow” the optical drive of a nearby Mac or PC. So you can install applications from a DVD or CD and have full access to an optical drive without having to carry one around. Additionally, you can connect an optional optical drive via one of the USB ports.
- OS X Lion
Includes Mail, Address Book, iCal, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Safari, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Mission Control, Launchpad, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime, and more.
- Lion Recovery
OS X Lion includes a built-in set of tools for repairing your Mac in the Recovery HD, a new feature that lets you repair disks or reinstall OS X Lion without a physical disc.