OS X El Capitan is available from 30th September. Here we will guide you how to get it for free and tips for upgrade.
Its finally here.
First find out if your Mac is compatible.
- MacBook: 13-inch aluminium: late 2008 – present, 13-inch plastic: 2009 – present
- MacBook Air: Late 2008 – present
- MacBook Pro: 13-inch: mid-2009 – present, 15-inch: 2007 – present, 17-inch: 2007 – present
- iMac, 2007 – present
- Mac mini: 2009 – present
- Mac Pro: 2008 – present
- Xserve: 2009 – present
El Capitan: Features:
Make the most of your screen with Split View.
• Focus on two apps at once – neatly arranged side by side — in full screen without distractions.
Take control of your desktop with Mission Control.
• View all your open windows in a single layer with no overlap, so you can instantly find that window you’re looking for.
• Create a new desktop space easily by dragging a window to the top of your screen.
Smarter search in Spotlight.
• Search for weather, stocks, sports, web video, and transit information right in Spotlight.
• Use your own words to search for files on your Mac, like “Documents I edited yesterday.”
• Resize the Spotlight window and move it anywhere on the screen.
Handy improvements in Mail.
• Use your trackpad to manage your inbox with a swipe, just like on iPhone. Swipe right to mark as read or unread, or swipe left to delete.
• Mail automatically suggests contacts and events from your messages to help you keep your Contacts and Calendar organized.
• An improved full-screen view lets you switch between your inbox and your draft email messages.
A simple and powerful all-new Notes app.
• Format your notes with titles, paragraph headings, bullets, numbers, and checklists.
• Save rich content like photos, videos, documents, PDFs, web links, and map locations.
• Easily search and browse the content from all your notes in the Attachments Browser.
• Add content to a note directly from other OS X apps using the Share menu.
• Create notes on your Mac and they’ll automatically sync to your iOS devices using iCloud.
New ways to organize and enhance your images in Photos.
• Photos automatically organizes your library and helps you edit like a pro with simple and powerful editing tools.
• Access your library on all your devices with iCloud Photo Library.
• Add or edit location data, and batch change titles, descriptions, and keywords.
• Sort your albums and the photos in them by date, title, and more.
• Use third-party editing extensions to take your photo editing to the next level.
Better surfing in Safari.
• Keep your favorite websites open, up to date, and easily accessible with Pinned Sites.
• Choose a font and theme for Reader, including Sepia and Night themes.
• Mute web page audio from the Smart Search field.
Maps, now with Transit view.
• See transit lines and stations for select cities, including subway, train, bus, and ferry routes.
• Plan your trip based on when you want to leave or arrive.
• Research your trip on your Mac and share it to your iPhone or iPad for use on the go.
• Designed for Retina displays, beautiful system font San Francisco is crisp, clear and space efficient.
• PingFang (苹方), the new Chinese system font, is designed for crisp readability in both Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
• Hiragana Sans, the Japanese system font, now features additional weights.
• Four new Japanese fonts let you add a personal touch to documents and presentations.
Improved input methods for Chinese and Japanese.
• Type Chinese more quickly with an improved character prediction engine and a smarter candidate window.
• Write multiple Chinese characters using the trackpad and the new, roomier Trackpad window.
• Live conversion automatically transforms Hiragana into written Japanese as you type.
Faster graphics with Metal.
• Enjoy faster, more efficient system-level graphics rendering.
• Experience a richer, more immersive gaming experience.
• Create content more quickly with accelerated high-performance apps.
Snappier performance for everyday tasks.
• Launch apps and switch between them more quickly.
• Access email and render PDFs more quickly.
You can download OS X El Capitan from the App Store for free. Click Here.
Things you need to know:
- Keep 6GB+, preferably 8GB free space in boot drive.
- The download is over 6GB, so have patience.
- Backup you Mac using Time Machine.
- Try to stay in Good internet connection. downloading 6GB in a rush day could take many hours.