Frostdale release nanogrid wireless light switches, which have lighting controls and energy management on display in Essen, Germany. You can create custom, ambient lighting throughout any home or building while conserving energy and full access is always provided, whether at home or away, via the web or user’s smartphone. Convenient and intuitive controls allow the user to quickly power down unoccupied areas in any home or office and energy monitoring features help users to estimate costs for specific devices and lighting fixtures…………
Frostdale is pleased to announce that its wireless lighting controls are now on display in Essen, Germany at the red dot museum. The nanogrid switches will be featured in a special exhibition titled “Design on Stage” from July 5 to August 1 and accompanied by other red dot winners in the category of product design. According to Dr. Berkhard Jacob, the red dot is a means of identifying companies whose products deliver values such as innovation, quality and customer benefit; none of which can be easily measured in numbers. Following on Professor Jacob’s comments, the nanogrid switch range is easily integrated with devices such as smartphones and tablet PCs to allow homeowners and building managers complete control over their their energy usage via user-friendly graphical interfaces. Built-in features include energy and temperature monitors which can be leveraged to save money on heating and cooling costs as well as make reductions in the 15 to 20 percent of energy costs typically associated with lighting. Frostdale’s lighting controls operate on Zigbee and Z-Wave networks, the leading standards for intelligent automation and energy management solutions. The nanogrid switch was selected earlier this year among nearly 4,500 products to receive the 2011 red dot seal of quality in one of the world’s most renowned international product competitions. The red dot design award dates back to 1955 and is now the world’s largest and most distinguished design competition. It breaks down into the three disciplines ‘red dot award: product design’, ‘red dot award: communication design’ and ‘red dot award: design concept’. There were almost 14,000 entries from 68 countries in the year 2010 alone.
Features And Specifications:
- Stylish and inspired wave-shaped button design.
- LED indicators available in white, blue, and green.
- Interchangeable faceplates available in five colors: Snow White, Peach Ivory, Frost Silver, Dark Gray, and and Champagne Gold.
- Power Source: 110 – 240 VAC
- Optional: Energy monitor / temperature monitor (temp. sensing range: -10 to 60 Celsius)
- Installation Type: Wall-mounted
- Device Type: Router class
- Protocol Stack: ZigBee / Z-Wave / RS485 / Non-RF
- Encryption: Symmetric key with AES128
- RF Range: Up to 30m indoor
- Load types and rating: 120-200VAC 600W Incadescent / Halogen / LED