Who have not seen James Cameron’s Blockbuster hot movie franchise Aliens series? Obviously, these movies are favorite to everyone. I have a good news for you all. There were games about the collision of aliens and predators. But no games on original Aliens movies. However, the long waiting is now going to end. Aliens: Colonial Marines, to be released in 2013; a first person shooter game; will satisfy your needs and will give you enough stimulation to make you love it.
Story and Location Setup
The game will be a complete sequel of the movie Aliens 3 and take place after 3 years of the movie plot. Players will assume the character of Corporal Christopher Winter; a Colonial Marine who is part of a search and rescue team sent to investigate the U.S.S. Sulaco in search of Ellen Ripley-who has been lost after the massacre of Aliens 3. Ellen was lost with U.S.S. Sulco after destroying aliens at the mother ship. Now it is time to find where Ellen Ripley is and which fate came upon him.
Features and Gameplay
- Aliens: Colonial Marines uses Red ring engine –basically Unreal Engine 3 modified with a new renderer. The game engine claimed to have very high graphical contents and also able to make the game real fluid.
- The gameplay is really simple- travel to a certain destination, protect it from enemies, and kill everyone in the way or to protect certain last stand or end point.
- The game focus on first person shooting style format.
- There are several types of enemies of the game including the xenomorphs, Facehugger, Chestburster, the “Warrior” and the “Queen” aliens from Aliens, as well as the “Runner” alien from Alien 3.
- Gearbox Software, developer of the game, also include a new type of xenomorphs for the first time in the game.
- The game also focus on AI tactics of combat.
- The aliens or xenomorphs have a new ability for the first time in the whole game series. That is sixth sense.Their attack position and style will not be same twice. They will get familiar with player’s moves as the game grows.
- The developer team focus on the teamwork ability of xenomorphs- they hide in shadows attack fro shadows and attack as groups from different direction.
- A new multiplayer mode called ” The Escape Mode” has been introduced into the game featuring escapes from a situation of surrounded by numerous xenomorphs beside its original death match multiplayer mode.
- The game exclusively features original weapon system from the films like motion trackers, pulse rifles and flamethrower.
- There are melee kills option in the game with knife.
- Another awesome feature will be creating own device to kill aliens. Players are able to upgrade game weapons, craft new device to make effective kill.
- The game contains over 70 hrs of single player mode and multiplayer will be more than 30 hrs.
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating system: Windows Vista or Windows 7
- CPU: 3.0 GHz dual core or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- HDD space: 9 GB hard drive space
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForceGTX 460 512MB or ATI Radeon HD 5850 512MB, NVIDIA GeForceGTX 460 768MB or ATI Radeon HD 5850 768MB
- Sound Card: DirectX 10 compatible sound card
Development and Release
The game is developed by Gearbox Software in association with Nerve Software, TimeGate Studios and Demiurge Studios (only for Wii U). But, the publishing rights are in the hands of Sega. Game story and screenplay is written by Bradley Thompson and David Weddle. Aliens: Colonial Marines is scheduled to be released in Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Wii U, and Xbox 360 on February 12, 2013 in all regions.
Both Limited and Collectors Editions are now available till the end of 2012. Secure your copy now and have instant access to new levels, extra contents and many secret unlock-able items.