Windows Phone 7 versions of Angry Birds, Plants Vs Zombies, Doodle Jump and more due next month, will kick off on May 25th with Hydro Thunder GP, the Xbox Live racer that re-imagines the classic powerboat game, followed by cutesy platformer Doodle Jump on June 1st.Microsoft’s geoDefence will go live on June 8th and eaturing achievements and Xbox Live leaderboards that let mobile gamers compare their scores with those of console owners………..
The release of Angry Birds for Windows Phone 7 has been pushed from May 25 to June 29 and this popular game from Rovio is one of six titles being added to the Windows Marketplace via the Xbox Live Must Have Games program, starting with Hydro Thunder Go on May 25. Microsoft said at its MIX11 developer conference last month that Angry Birds would also come to Windows Phone on May 25, but that has apparently now been delayed by more than a month. When it does arrive in the Marketplace, however, it will set Windows Phone users back $2.99 and includes 195 levels. Back in February, Microsoft said a Windows Phone version of Angry Birds would be available on April 6, but later amended that to say it would drop in the spring. Angry Birds has since been added to the Chrome Web Store, Amazon Appstore and the Barnes & Noble Nook.On May 25, however, users will get access to Hydro Thunder Go, a remake of the acclaimed arcade classic. On June 1, Microsoft will add Doodle Jump to the Marketplace. The game, which will set you back $2.99, comes from GameHouse and has players leaping from platform to platform using springs, propeller hats, and jet packs. y June 8, Microsoft will also add geoDefense, a fast-paced tower defense game from Microsoft Game Studios that will cost $2.99. Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode 1, meanwhile, will make its debut on June 15 for $6.99. The popular Plants vs. Zombies will be added on June 22 for $4.99.Finally, on June 29, users will be able to dish out revenge on the green pigs who stole the birds’ eggs via Angry Birds.
Details on each game:
- Hydro Thunder Go is a remake of the highly acclaimed classic arcade racer with the same name. Blast through 12 ferocious courses with the powerboat of your choice and compete against 15 devious opponents. Strategic use of your Hydro Boost power, Mighty Hull and Hydro Jump abilities is a must to master the challenge. In addition to visually stunning environments and insane track layouts, the ever-changing water conditions keep the races varied and interesting everything from fluidly billowing waves to clear, still water, visualized with reflection and refraction effects.
- Jump, jump, jump to the top, top, top with Doodle Jump,the runaway hit now available for Windows Phone 7! Guide the Doodler on a springy journey up the never-ending sheet of graph paper to see how far you can climb. Leap from platform to platform, finding your way higher and higher using brilliant contraptions such as springs, propeller hats and jet packs. Avoid broken platforms, menacing black holes, UFOs and baddies. Blast them with your nose balls!
- geoDefense: Obliterate a horde of vibrant, vector-styled enemies in this fast-paced tower defense game. Devastate creeps with blasters, lasers and missiles, and watch their energy debris swirl through the gravity wells of your vortex towers. Demonstrate your pixel-blasting skill to all your friends on Xbox LIVE leaderboards, and earn Achievements as you hone advanced defense strategies.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I (SEGA): Featuring enhanced gameplay elements, including the classic Sonic Spin Dash and the versatile Homing Attack, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 picks up right where Sonic and Knuckles left off. Dr. Eggman’s back, and in an effort to finally rid himself of Sonic, he revisits and improves the very best of his creations. Get ready for the next chapter in an all-new epic 2-D saga built for old and new fans alike.
- Plants vs Zombies (PopCap): Each zombie has its own special skills, so you’ll need to think fast and plant faster to combat them all. But be careful how you use your limited supply of greens and seeds as you battle the fun-dead, obstacles such as a setting sun, creeping fog and a swimming pool add to the challenge. And with five game modes to dig into, the fun never dies!
- Angry Birds (Rovio): The survival of the angry birds is at stake. Dish out revenge on the green pigs who stole the birds’ eggs. Use the unique destructive powers of the angry birds to lay waste to the pigs’ fortified castles. Angry Birds features hours of gameplay, challenging physics-based castle demolition and lots of replay value. Each of the 195 levels requires logic, skill and brute force to crush the enemy.