The new version 3.70 update for PlayStation 3 is not one of those times, particularly if you’re a PlayStation Plus member or 3D television owner and the major update in the new firmware has to do with the Automatic Download feature that’s available only to Plus members. It’s been renamed Automatic Update and now does more than grab updates for recently played games and also it will automatically sync your trophies with PSN and upload game saves to your online storage. The firmware also packs a few additional features for non-paid users, adding a recommendation function to items in the PlayStation store and a new TV / Video Services XMB category for Netflix, Hulu PLUS and VUDU apps……………..
An upcoming PS3 firmware update will enable automatic syncing of Trophies to a player’s online profile and the update will add a new recommendation feature that will allow users to recommend specific PlayStation Store content to friends. A new TV/Video Services section will also be added to the XMB and this new category will house online video services like Hulu and Netflix. In below you will find all the new options in this new update:
- A new auto upload function for online save data back-up will be added to make it easier to back-up your game save data. Under (Game), select the game for which you want to automatically upload saved data, and then press the Triangle button.
- Also, Trophies will now sync automatically at the timing of Auto Download.
A new recommendation function will be added that enables you to share your recommendations for PlayStation Store items, such as games and videos, with PlayStation Network friends. You will be able to send messages with a store link from the product pages within the PlayStation Store.
Due to the increase in video applications being offered on PS3, we are adding a new category on the XMB called TV/Video Services. This category will include video applications such as Netflix, Hulu PLUS, and VUDU.
- You’ll be able to find and download all of the video applications available on PS3 directly from this new XMB category.
- A folder labeled “My Channels” within this category will allow you to easily access your downloaded applications.
- Any videos downloaded from the PlayStation store will continue to be placed in the existing Video category on the XMB
Two updates for all of you enjoying Blu-ray 3D movies on PS3:
- 3D support will now be available when accessing Java-based special features on Blu-Ray
- DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HR decoding/bit stream output (or lossless audio) will be supported while playing Blu-ray 3D movies.
- 3D digital photos in MPO format can now be viewed in 3D on the XMB and in the Photo Gallery app.
The 3.70 update will be available soon; additional details will be available after the firmware goes live here. Separately, there will also be a minor PSP system software update (v. 6.60) launching soon.