The latest major update to Apple’s MobileMe iDisk app has released.The app is now wrapped into one universal binary for all iOS devices running iOS 3.1.3 or higher.
With MobileMe iDisk, you can view and share the files on your iDisk right from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. (MobileMe subscription required.)
Sign in with your MobileMe username and password and you’ll see a list of the folders and files on your iDisk. Select a file to view it on your iPhone. To share a file with someone else, just tap the share icon, choose your recipients, and MobileMe iDisk will send them an email with a link to download your file directly from MobileMe. You can assign a password to keep your files secure and even limit the number of days the download will be available – all right from your iPad or iPhone.
The app is completely free, although to use the service you will need to have a MobileMe subscription which will cost your around $99 per year.
Other improvements included in the update include a number of enhancements for the iPhone version of the MobileMe app including support for iBooks, the iPhone 4 retina display, and, of course, multitasking support for iOS 4 users.
●View files on your iDisk–including iWork, Microsoft Office, PDFs, QuickTime movies, JPEGs and more. (Files larger than 20MB may not be viewable.)
●Easily share files
●Quickly access recently viewed documents
●Access Public folders
What’s New In Version 1.2:
● Designed for both iPhone and iPad
● Multitasking support for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS (iOS 4 required).
● Quickly switch to another app and back to iDisk
● Play audio from your iDisk while using another app
● When app is opened, the last file or directory viewed is displayed
● Option to open iDisk documents in compatible apps such as iBooks
● When sharing a file, an email can be sent from any configured email account
● The URL for a shared file can be copied and pasted
● Various stability improvements
You can download MobileMe iDisk from the App Store for free.