Husqvarna’s My Automower app comes in, sending SMS messages to your GPS-enabled Automower, all of its functions (starting, stopping, tracking the thing’s progress via GPS) can now be handled from the safety of your iOS device.It also ransform your robot lawnmower into a semi-autonomous, blade-wielding backyard defender (hopefully the company addresses that in a software update)………..
According to Husqvarna Global Garden Report 2011, 40 percent of consumers around the world say they don’t have enough time to take care of their homes and gardens. Therefore robotic mowers have been a welcome aid for stressed homeowners. Now it gets even easier with the new iPhone app for Husqvarna Automower, available for free at App Store.With the new iPhone app you can mow the lawn without even being at home. Any Automower robotic lawnmower equipped with a GPS Communication Unit can be remotely started and stopped, as well as being tracked on your iPhone screen. The app also has installation movies, a buying guide and FAQs.“We all want a well-kept lawn, but few are willing to invest the time needed. With the help of Automower we made life a little easier for house owners. With the iPhone app we take gardening one step further. With its help you take control of your lawn as easily as making a phone call,” says Stefan Axelsson, Business Development Manager at Husqvarna.
The GPS Communication Unit is available for most of the Automower range and from 2011 it comes as standard for the 260 ACX model. The GPS Communications Unit also enables GPS theft tracker and SMS alert.The Husqvarna Group is the world’s largest producer of outdoor power products including chainsaws, trimmers, lawn mowers and garden tractors. The Group is also the European leader in consumer watering products and one of the world leaders in cutting equipment and diamond tools for the construction and stone industries. The product offering includes products for both consumers and professional users. The Group’s products are sold via dealers and retailers in more than 100 countries. Net sales in 2010 amounted to SEK 32 billion and the average number of employees was approximately 15,000.
Through simple SMS messaging you can send instructions that will give you complete remote access:
- You’ll be able to display the location of your Husqvarna Automower on Google Maps.
- Use shortcuts to send instructions and take control of your Automower.
- Tell your machine when to start mowing.
- Tell your Automower when stop and return for charging.
- Set timers.
- Check your Automower status.
If you’re considering whether an Automower is right for your garden, you’ll find a simple device here that can measure the slope of your lawn, and then tell if an Automower will work for you. It also advises you as to which models to use for your specific lawn type.
The app also offers
- FAQ – All the basics you need to know about using and maintaining your Husqvarna Automower.
- Descriptive videos on how to install and then use the Automower.
- Complete dealer locator of Husqvarna Automower dealers all over the world. It will help you to find the one closest to you.
- Description of the Automower accessories available.
- GPS login and password supplied with the purchase to locate your Automower will be required when setting up your account.