Bikers can now use their iPhone or iPod touch to keep track of their workout, thanks to a new attachable computer from iBike Sports.iBie Dash CC Wireless Cycling Computer turns your iPhone or iPod touch into a cycling computer.iBike Dash includes an ANT+ speed sensor and is compatible with other ANT+ devices so you can measure heart rate and cadence…….
Velocomp LLP a leading sports technology company and creator of the iBike line of power meters announced the iBike Dash CC (Cycling Computer), a light-weight wireless bicycle computer system that turns any iPhone or iPod touch into your own personal fitness trainer. Priced starting at $199, the iBike Dash CC creates an entirely new category of interactive cycling devices, enhancing the cycling experience in a much more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before to help you finally keep that New Year’s resolution to get in shape!Includes free iPhone/iPod touch Bike App with easy-to-read high-resulation color graphics & animation.
iBike Dash CC takes your biking from leisure to fitness, helping you quickly reach your goals by measuring your speed, power, heart rate, wind speed, time, trip, elevation and calories to become healthier and fitter. The iBike Dash CC includes a free iBike app available from the iTunes App Store.iBike app features customizable tools from simple speedometers to work-out programs. The app is displayed on the iPhone or iPod touch screen with easy to read high-resolution color graphics and animation.Intelligent biking is all about sustaining your energy, so that you have more than enough left for the last few miles. iBike Dash CC tells you how hard is too hard.
Riding within your boundaries is critical for safe training and with the iBike Dash CC‘s HR Pacing Meter you can see at a glance whether your heart rate in the right zone. The HR Pacing Meter determines your fitness level with 5 Heart Rate Color Zones from 50% to 100%. These zones indicate the degree of difficulty you will experience when cycling in each zone at your fitness level: from Blue (very light) to Red (very hard). Each of the zones address different goals, from losing weight in the bottom zones to improving fitness in the middle zones to maximizing performance in the top zones. iBike Dash CC also tells you when your cycling effort is optimal for burning fat; how many calories you’re using during the ride, on all rides this week or all rides this month; what speed and distance you’re traveling; and even where you are on your bike route.
- 50 power-based and Heart Rate (HR) zone workouts.
- Includes ANT+ speed sensor with optional sensors for cadence and HR.
- User customizable touch screens display cycling information in color with unique graphics and animation.
- Features easy-to-read large fonts with back-light display for night-time viewing.
- ·iPhone’s GPS, map, and weather capabilities operate seamlessly with the iDash, greatly enhancing the rider’s experience.
- ·Power-based indoor trainer feature.
- ·Bike odometer.
- Calendar feature keeps track of weekly cycling stats, including calories, miles and speed.
- HR Zone dial presents cycling exertion in an extremely intuitive manner.
- Easy-to-follow, on-screen instructions and instructional videos.
- Phone BoothTM dashboard/case houses circuitry, keeps out water and absorbs shock.
- Easy to install, use and move from bike to bike.
- No need for calibration.
- Allows seamless hands-free calls using your iPhone and Bluetooth headset with no interruption to ride data collection.
- Allows full use of touch screen, even while wearing cycling gloves.
- A rechargeable/replaceable spare battery can be housed inside the “Phone Booth” to extend theoperating time of your iPhone/iPod touch.
- Compatible with all ANT+ speed, cadence and HR sensors.
iBike Dash CC can help you set some personal goals, measure your progress and allow you to adjust your performance as you enjoy your ride.iBike Dash CC is available immediately for iPhone and iPod touch, priced at $199 MSRP for the basic version and $329 MSRP for the advanced version with additional features (including cadence, HR, calorie measurement, battery and charger) through the Apple Store at: http://store.apple.com/us/product/H3828LL/A or Velocomp at: http://www.ibikesports.com/ibikestore.html.