With the announcement of The new iPad Apple also rolled out iOS 5.1. iOS 5.1 brings some new feature, Siri for Japanese language, camera improvement and some other feature too. Here we have complete feature list with direct download link.
– Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial roll out)
– Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
– Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
– Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
– Redesigned Camera app for iPad
– Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
– Audio for TV programs and films on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
– Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30-second rewind for iPad
– Addresses bugs affecting battery life
– Fixes and issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
Download iOS 5.1:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 3 WiFi
- iPad 3 GSM
- iPad 3 CDMA
- iPad 2 WiFi
- iPad 2 GSM
- iPad 2 CDMA
- iPod touch 3G
- iPod touch 4G
- Apple TV 2G (5.0)
- Apple TV 3G (5.0)
News About Jailbreak & Unlock:
This version 5.1 still dont have any jailbreak and unlock. So if you care about Jailbreak or need unlock dont upgrade. Apple also stopped signing Firmware 5.01 so if you upgrade to 5.1 you cant go back to 5.01. So, dont upgrade if you need jailbreak. iPhone Dev Team and others are working, so stay tuned with us to find out latest Jailbreak news.
Quickest & Easiest Upgrade:
If you are on iOS 5.0 or later firmware and dont need jailbreak then you could upgrade directly from your device.
Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update
You need to be connected in WiFi and now the download size will be a lot smaller then original Firmware size. For example avg firmware direct download will be over 800MB, while over the WiFi update it will be just 150-200MB download.