One of our Apple connects just installed the unreleased and unseen iOS 4.3.1 build on one of our iPhones, and we’ve been playing around with it for a couple days.
… it really does look as if iOS 4.3.1 will simply fix bugs, hence the version numbering. Battery life seems a tad bit better, though that’s not scientific at all.
The owner of iPhone also told that iOS 4.3.1 will not bring some thing really new but it will just fix some bugs in iOS 4.3.1. Moreover, he also claimed that it will be available within one to two weeks. Here is the full list of expected features of iOS 4.3.1 (Unofficial).
* Fixed iPad 2 jailbreak vulnerability.
* files from USIM file system
* Baseband updates for the 3GS and iPad (original)
* Fixed issue with the Springboard and 3rd party apps not recognizing the gyroscope on the iPad 2
* Fixed problem with NTLM authentication in apps and on websites
* Fixed memory hang that results in memory corruption when reading large3.
Apple is expected to push this update within one to two weeks. There is no word on whether this release will also bring Verizon iPhone 4 users on the updated 4.3.x firmware version.