MTV Hive said “Pixound is a trippy music app for iOS that allows users to turn any snap into a song.” Pixound provides a deep musical experience that lets you instantly create music using any picture. Pixound is developed by Techné Media. It was a premium app, costs $0.99 but it is now Free for limited time. You can download this game from iTunes. Look it up in the Entertainment category.
Pixound App, the latest addition to the Pixound product suite turns your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad into an amazing musical diversion. Imagine creating music in real-time, using any picture you choose as a unique controlling interface for a vast range of sounds and musical parameters. Pixound makes that a reality.
Pixound qualifies as both fun and useful. If endless hours of play are’t use enough, iPixound provides a very friendly, logically structured means for the exploration and understanding of fundamental musical components such as scale / modality, chord progression / transposition, rhythm / beat, tempo and note value.
Create various types of music and show your creativity by using Pixound. But this app require in-app purchase to use its full functionality. But its fun using new type application.
Discover Some of the Less Obvious Features of Pixound!
Pixound is a technology that can be utilized by all. Graphic designers, dancers, music therapists, educators, audio, video and game producers as well as music enthusiasts and children will all find uses (and enjoyment) in Pixound. Unlocking the musical power of color information, Pixound is unique in the world of music/graphics software. Every image becomes a new musical experience to explore. Many software packages have gone from music to color, but only Pixound can go from color to music.
- Pixound Color-Music Interpreter with manual and autoplay modes
- 10 Advanced Stock Presets
- Over 127 instruments and sounds to choose from
- Over 25 Stock Drum Patterns
- Over 25 Stock Bass Styles
- Over 35 Built-in progressions and progression styles
- Over 75 Musical Scales
- Up to 11 tracks of sonic output
- 9 Autoplay styles
- Mixer and Keyboard
- Record and play back movements and notes
- Share presets and recordings with others
- Load pictures to play with pixound or snap a photo from Pixound
- Gallery with masterpieces and alternative play screens
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
Size: 19.9 MB
What’s New in Version 2.0.0
- Basic pixound play is now free!
- Ability to record your movements and notes and play them back later
- Ability to save your pictures with your presets
- Ability to share presets and recordings with your friends via email
- Improved preset management
- Ability to unlock new presets, songs, over 60 new graphics and MIDI file save for music pros
- Ability to control 6 separate voices so you can play along with autoplay using different voices
- New Groove control for rhythms gives tons of variability
- Ability to turn on magnifier so you can see details hidden under your finger
- Better timing and stability and various bug fixes