String Tuner is a premium 1st chromatic tuner app that especially designed and optimized for string instruments as: Violin, Viola, Cello and Double bass. This app has been developed by Xiao Yixiang and was cost $4.99 which is totally FREE now to download from iTunes store. Reference sound/Tone generator is provided to help you do coarse tuning. Moreover, with the optimized algorithms up to ±1cent precise , it helps you to do fine tuning quickly with the Build-in or external microphone on your iOS Devices.
This is a small sized app so can run in any iOS device. An idol app for the musicians who can played different instruments. Most chromatic tuner used 12TET(twelve-tone equal temperament), but you know that string instruments as violin usually tune as perfect fifths against each string. That’s why the default temperament of String Tuner is set to Pythagorean Tuning. You can still customize to 12TET or Standard Just Intonation when needed.
String Tuner also supports adjustable calibration A4, you can either adjust it manually or using auto-detecting, it is really helpful when your string instrument need to tune based on Piano’s pitch(for example). Hit the A4 key of the piano and String Tuner take care of the rest.
* User-friendly, extremely easy to use.
* Universal APP, purchase once, available on all of your iPhone/iPod/iPad.
* 30 cent range fine tuning display
* Precise up to ±1/100 semitone (±1 cent)
* 3 Temperaments provided: 12TET, Pure(Standard Just Intonation) and Pythagorean Tuning.
* Adjustable A4 calibration up to 0.1 Hz precise with the range 400-480
* Tone generator helps to do coarse tuning or practice tune by ear.
* Support and optimized for Violin, Viola, Cello and Contra Bass
* Tuning Range from A0 – C8 (full range)
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is totally free to download from iTunes.
Current Version: 1.0
Size: 7.5 MB