Jolicloud officially release Jolibook Netbook.Jolibook Netbook is first Jolicloud 1.1 computer.Jolibook Netbook include Chromium, Facebook, Spotify, VLC, Skype, and a bunch of cool apps that are one click away and super fast dual core Atom N550 processor,gorgeous screen,250GB hard drive,affordable price…….
Is Jolicloud preparing to sell a netbook of its own? That’s what we wondered about last month, when the cloud OS maker’s founder and CEO Tariq Krim tweeted some interesting pictures of a customized netbook.Krim in Dublin showed me the device in action but didn’t want me to take pictures or shoot videos. He also kept mum on pricing, possible launch date and specs of the portable computer.
- they’re effectively calling the computer a Jolibook (nothing on that site yet)
- release is planned for this month
- it’s a netbook that runs Jolicloud 1.1, which is the upcoming version of the OS
- it will come preloaded with Chromium, the open source version of Google Chrome
- the whole thing is HTML5-based, which I swear is quite impressive
- the Jolibook will boast a dual-core Atom N550 processor (1.5 GHz)
- it’ll come with a 250GB hard drive, a VGA port and multiple USB sockets
- it will be able to play 720p video
What we still don’t know:
- the exact launch date
- actual measurements and memory capacity
- the retail price
- how and where the netbook will be distributed
- if people will be willing to spend money on a Jolibook before comparing with the first Google Chrome OS computers, which should hit the market in the near future
Founded in 2008, Jolicloud has raised $4.2 million from London-based Atomico Ventures and Mangrove Capital Partners in July 2009.