The first device from Sprint based on Windows Phone 7, the HTC Arrive offers an innovative design with a sliding full QWERTY keyboard and tilt-up display. With the unique glance-and-go experience of the Windows Phone 7 operating system, the Arrive allows you to get to what’s important to you, easier and faster in less steps. And it gives you the productivity of Office Mobile and Bing, plus the fun of Xbox LIVE and Zune. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
- 3G-enabled Windows Phone 7 smartphone with 3.6-inch touchscreen, slide-and-tilt keyboard, and Dolby Mobile/SRS surround sound
- 3G speeds via Sprint Mobile Broadband Network; GPS turn-by-turn directions via TeleNav GPS Navigator
- 16 GB memory; 5-MP camera; HD 720p video capture; Bluetooth stereo music; personal and corporate e-mail; full HTML browser
- Up to 6 hours of talk time; released in March, 2011
- What’s in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide
- Size (LWH): 4.63 inches, 2.32 inches, 0.61 inches
- Weight: 6.56 ounces
- Network Compatibility: CDMA
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 300 minutes
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 420 hours
You’ll enjoy fast 3G speeds from Sprint’s high-speed, dependable EV-DO network, and you’ll be able to access optional Sprint services such as Telenav GPS Navigator, Sprint TV and Movies (for video-on-demand with full-motion video and vivid sound), Sprint Music Plus, and more via the Sprint Zone. And you’ll be able to access the Windows Phone Marketplace to view and download apps, music, and premium Xbox LIVE games.
In addition to its 3.6-inch touchscreen display, the HTC Arrive includes integrated SRS WOW HD surround sound enhancement for an audio boost when watching videos on the go. It’s powered by a blazing-fast Qualcomm 1 GHz Snapdragon processor for a fast mobile data experience. In addition to the 16 GB of internal memory, the HTC Arrive can also access Windows Live SkyDrive for cloud-based storage (up to 25 GB).
Other features include a 5-megapixel camera/camcorder (with HD 720p video capture), Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, access to corporate and personal e-mail, full HTML browser, and up to 6 hours of talk time.
The Power of Windows Phone 7
The Windows Phone 7 operating system has been designed to help you do more in less steps, and keep you updated on the things that are most important to you.
You can customize the Live Tiles on your Start Screen with what you care about–from people to web sites–and they’ll continuously scan the web to keep you updated about your world at a glance.
Windows Phone 7 also brings together the things you use most on your phone in six Hubs: People, Pictures, Office, Games, Music + Video, and Marketplace. Grouping them in Hubs like this lets you get to what you need, quicker, because you don’t have to jump from apps to the web to contact lists.
People Hub: Less Out-of-Touch, More In-the-Know.
From calls to texting to social networks, receive updates instantly with the latest photos posted, comments made, and messages received with just one glance. Post and share comments instantly after receiving live updates from social networks.
Games Hub: Just Be Yourself… Or, Someone Else.
Download new games, test them before you buy and play friends while on the go with built-in Xbox LIVE features. Use your avatar and gamer profile to track scores and wins, challenge friends to play on the go, and become a better gamer with Windows Phone 7’s “Spotlight” tips, tricks, and advice.
Music and Video Hub: Your Music, Video, and Radio… All in One Place.
Easily find, access, and stream your favorite music, radio, TV, and videos while on the go. Purchase music by the song or get unlimited music downloads for one monthly price with Zune Pass. Wirelessly sync your favorite music and videos to a PC.
Pictures Hub: Snap It, Share It, Say It.
Pictures Hub: Snap It, Share It, Say It.
Share, add captions, and post pictures to Facebook or Windows Live without needing an extra application. Receive instant updates about friends’ and family’s latest photos from social networks.
Office Hub: View and Update Office Documents from Your Phone
Windows Phone 7 has mobile versions of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint on hand for reviewing or editing on the go. Notes in OneNote Mobile–grocery lists, meeting memos, spontaneous musings–can sync wirelessly to the web and include voice clips and pictures. SharePoint Workspace Mobile makes it easier to collaborate with your coworkers when you’re out and about.
Marketplace: Find Something New Everyday
Personalizing your phone just got quicker and more convenient with the Marketplace Hub, where you can discover and download apps, games, music, videos, and more. You’ll find popular titles in all the categories you care about, with hundreds of new apps available every week. There are apps with Live Tiles that automatically update on the Start Screen, such as current weather with Weatherbug and breaking news from the Associated Press app.
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to Sprint’s EV-DO, Rev A network with average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps and peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Turn-by-turn navigation via TeleNav GPS Navigator
- Ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP Bluetooth profile–enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
Innovative design with full slide and tilt QWERTY
Design and Hardware
- 1 GHz Snapdragon processor speeds up everything–from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 3.6-inch touchscreen display (480 x 800 pixels) includes light and proximity sensors.
- Slide-out, tilting physical QWERTY keyboard
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC.
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, WMV.
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby Mobile + SRS WOW HD surround sound enhancement.
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging (via popular services).
- Access to personal and corporate e-mail (including support for Exchange ActiveSync and personal POP/IMAP accounts).
- Full HTML Web browser with Bing Search.
- 16 GB internal memory (not expandable via microSD cards)
- Access to Windows Live SkyDrive for additional cloud-based storage (up to 25 GB)
- 5-megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash gives you a brighter light source for taking photos in less-than-ideal lighting situations.
- HD video capture capabilities (720p)
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- USB 2.0 port with charging capabilities.
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: M3 and T3
The HTC Arrive weighs 6.5 ounces and measures 4.63 x 2.32 x 0.61 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6 hours of talk time. It runs on the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.