One of the world’s first 4G LTE Android smartphones, the HTC ThunderBolt 4G for Verizon Wireless takes advantage of the fastest, most advanced 4G network in America. It’s powered by a lightning-quick 1 GHz Snapdragon processor and offers a vibrantly colorful 4.3-inch Super LCD multi-touch display. Capture brilliant photos and HD 720p video with the 8-megapixel camera on the rear, and enjoy video call capabilities with the front-facing camera. And with the Android 2.2 OS, you’ll be able to experience the full Internet thanks to its support for Adobe Flash 10.1 enabling you to play games, watch videos, and more. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
- Ultra-fast 4G LTE connectivity via the Verizon Wireless 4G Mobile Broadband network, with expected download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps. See more about 4G LTE
- Easy access to social networking via HTC Sense including updates from Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views
- Ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- 4G Mobile Hotspot capability allows you to create a Wi-Fi hotspot using your Verizon Wireless 4G LTE connection, which can then be shared among up to 8 Wi-Fi-capable devices. (Note: Mobile Hotspot capability will not be available at device launch.)
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
OS & Software
- Android 2.2 operating system (Froyo) with over-the-air upgrade capability for future OS releases.
- ROCK BAND Mobile with multiple levels of difficulty, dozens of classic songs, and multiplayer mode to challenge your friends over Bluetooth.
- DLNA capabilities enables you to share your photo albums, videos and movies wirelessly with a compatible HDTV or other DLNA device.
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, Windows Live Messenger, and Google Talk).
- Access to personal and corporate e-mail (including support for Exchange and push Gmail).
- HTML Web browser (WebKit-based) with support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for accessing Flash-enabled websites, watching video and playing games.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, WMV, XviD
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby Mobile + SRS WOW HD surround sound enhancement
- 32 GB pre-loaded microSD memory card with support for other optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 8 GB internal memory
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat capabilities.
- 8-megapixel camera with dual LED flash plus auto focus, face detection, and geo-tagging.
- HD 720p video capture capabilities (1280 x 720 pixels)
Design and Hardware
- 1 GHz Snapdragon processor speeds up everything–from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 4.3-inch Super LCD display with capacitive multi-touch capabilities, proximity sensor, and light sensor (480 x 800 pixels).
- Onscreen QWERTY keyboard
- Dual microphones and noise canceling technology for clearer calls.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Micro USB 2.0 port with mass storage capabilities.
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: M3 and T3
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network provides speeds up to 10 times faster than Verizon Wireless’ 3G network. With 4G LTE, you’ll enjoy simultaneous voice and data capabilities, allowing you to check e-mail, browse the web, download an app, and check directions on Google Maps while on a call. Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network currently reaches one-third of all Americans, with plans to expand the network to the company’s entire 3G coverage area over the next three years.
In addition to Android, the ThunderBolt 4G also offers the next-generation HTC Sense user interface experience, which includes quicker startup times from hibernation mode as well as a consolidated view of your favorite social networking sites. The ThunderBolt 4G also comes with ROCK BAND Mobile pre-loaded, so you can shred on the go with multiple levels of difficulty from dozens of classic songs.
Other features include an 8 GB internal memory, pre-loaded 32 GB microSD memory card, Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking with Mobile Hotspot capabilities, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, integrated speakers with Dolby Mobile + SRS WOW HD surround sound, DLNA certification for wireless media streaming to other devices, built-in kickstand for easy media viewing, and a 1400 mAh battery for extra-long talk time.
Android Operating System
The ThunderBolt 4G runs the latest Android operating system–OS 2.2 (aka, Froyo)–which provides a faster overall Android experience as well as greater multitasking capabilities. You’ll be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open. And it features a plethora of new enhancements, including an improved onscreen QWERTY keyboard, full push corporate e-mail, and support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web. It also offers enhanced Exchange support, with Calendar syncing, Global Address Lookup, improved security, auto-discovery, and more.
With integrated Google technology, the ThunderBolt 4G brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The ThunderBolt 4G also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you’ll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
HTC Sense Mobile Experience
With the next generation of the popular HTC Sense mobile experience, the HTC ThunderBolt 4G automatically delivers your most-wanted information to your screen. It offers even more ways to stay connected–including FriendStream, which delivers Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr updates in a consolidated view. And you’ll be able to pinpoint the location of a lost phone on a map, send a command to make the phone sound an alert–even while on “silent” mode–through the htcsense.com web site. If needed, you can also remotely wipe all of the phone’s data with a single command in addition to forwarding calls and text messages to a different number.
The HTC ThunderBolt weighs 6.23 ounces and measures 4.75 x 2.44 x 0.56 inches. It comes with a long-life 1400 mAh lithium-ion battery. It runs on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, as well as EV-DO, Rev A 3G and CDMA 800/1900 frequencies where 4G LTE is not available.
Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network allows you to download photos, apps, and games in seconds and entire movies in minutes. LTE (or Long Term Evolution provides significantly increased upload and download speeds over 3G networks, as well as significantly reduced latency (or lag time). Verizon Wireless expects 4G LTE average data rates to be 5-12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2-5 Mbps on the uplink in real-world, loaded network environments.
With these blazing fast speeds, you’ll be able to stream HD movies without the annoyance of constant pauses to buffer the video stream–as well as quickly download HD-quality movies right to your phone in minutes. Additionally, you’ll be able to download a new song file in about 4 seconds or upload a photo to your favorite social networking site in about 6 seconds.
And with video chat capabilities via the 4G LTE network, you’ll see callers face-to-face while you’re on the go. In addition to chatting with other compatible smartphones, you’ll be able to video conference to users on PCs.
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE mobile broadband network will also redefine the mobile office for business users. Business applications that used to require wired networks will be untethered forever, allowing you maximized productivity and efficiency while you’re out of the confines of your office. Enhanced security lets you tap into most VPN networks with less waiting, and faster responsiveness enables you to upload 10 MB presentations back to your team in less than 25 seconds.