The anticipation for the upcoming Galaxy release has grown almost feverish. The world’s eyes are set at Samsung to see what wonder it is going to unveil with the flagship Galaxy S III device. So far, we have told of some really impressive specs of the device. But today’s launch event will put an end to these rumors.
Keeping in view with the excitement surrounding the launch of the event, Samsung will be streaming the event live so that anyone with access to internet can view it and be enlightened about the next gem from Samsung.
The launch event of the device is scheduled to be held at London tonight at 7 p.m. GMT. To know exactly what time you will be able to catch the event at, you may want to check the time differences between your region and that of UK here.
The easiest way to catch the online stream for the event is to hook up to the official website for the launch of the device titled ‘The Next Galaxy.’ Another way is to keep tabs on the Facebook page of the event and get to know the updates in real time.
In case you haven’t been following the tech updates related to S III, what we do know so far is that the device will come with a quad-core processor with a better display, probably Android ICS and LTE connectivity option.
Samsung has just launched its new Galaxy s3 smartphone in an ‘unpacked’ event in London. We have done a quick update with the specs and features of the next Galaxy below.
Galaxy S3 System At A Glance
– Exynos 4 Quad quad-core system-on chip
– 4.8-inch Super AMOLED display with 720p resolution
– 8-megapixel rear-facing and 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera
– NFC Support
– 8.6mm thick
– Some models will support 4G
– Currently supports storage options of 16GB and 32Gb though a 64 GB model will be eventually available.
Features At A Glance
– S III understands 8 languages
– Supports ‘natural interaction’ by responding to eyes, voice and touch
– Tools Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich but with a lot of new features
– Stays awake with you and sleeps when you sleep. It ‘looks into your eyes’ to see if you want the screen to stay alive or to let it go dark.
– Automatically recognizes the faces of people in a picture and tags them.
-One-touch file sharing through a technology that makes use of both NFC and Wi-Fi Direct. The feature is being called S Beam.
-The voice-recognition software in the device is called S Voice.
– File sharing between two S III devices through S Beam is rapid – 1 GB within 3 minutes.
– Pop-up video feature – watch a video right in the middle of doing any other task, without wrapping that task or closing it.
– Camera can capture a still shot while capturing video, comes with zero shutter lag and a very impressive 3.3 shots per second speed. Also, out of the burst shots, the camera automatically detects the ‘best photo.’
– Comes with S Health – an app which lets you keep track of your health.
Important Announcements and Tidbits
– Samsung announces a new feature – wireless charging. Makes use of resonance technology and used with a mobile for the first time.
– Launch in Europe on May 29.
– Sprint expected to be the primary carrier.
– 4G version will come to Japan and North America in summer.
– Samsung says the inspiration for the device’s interface and design came from nature.
– Samsung launches its own music service, called Music Hub. It will have 17 million songs and will scan and match from your own collection.
– Samsung announces its own retail pop-up shops.