All of us have been waiting for the next flagship smartphone from Samsung rather eagerly. The company finally unveiled the Galaxy S IV handset at a rather distasteful launch event. The new smartphone packs stunning looks, superior hardware and a whole plethora of new features.
Given the sheer scope of software features that Samsung has added into this new handset, we will be talking about them in a different post. In this post, we will simply give you a quick recap of what Galaxy S IV offers and how, if at all, is it better than its predecessor.
- The smartphone will include a Samsung Exynos 5 or Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, depending on the region. It will be clocked at 1.9GHz.
- It packs 2GB of RAM and the storage options are 16GB, 32GB or 64GB together with a microSD card slot.
- The screen is an absolutely stunning 5-inch HD Super AMOLED display, featuring a pixel resolution of 441ppi.
- The smartphone is a mere 7.9mm thin and weighs only 130g. It is also taller than Galaxy S III, which is why it offers more screen real estate. This is incredible because Samsung has packed a larger, 2600 mAh battery in Galaxy S IV.
- The front camera is 2-megapixel whereas the rear camera is 13-megapixel and comes with a whole range of options, thanks to multiple shooting options.
- The smartphone includes 8 sensors. These include the regular six sensors which were also available Galaxy S III and additionally, comes with Infrared gesture and temperature/humidity detecting sensors.
- Samsung Galaxy S IV supports both 3G and 4G LTE connectivity. The company claimed at its launch event that the device will be made available with 327 carriers across 155 countries.
In all, Samsung Galaxy S IV is a significant step forward since Galaxy S III. Samsung has improved in design aesthetics, creating a better-looking smartphone and including many new features. In all, the company has certainly managed to create the best Android smartphone in the market right now. The big question is: is it also the best smartphone in the entire smartphone market? That decision will be made by the consumers.