We have been hearing for a long tome that South Korean tech giant Samsung is working on its next generation Galaxy S series smartphone – Galaxy S IV. Earlier this month, Samsung announced its plan to unveil the next Galaxy device on March 14 at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. And, the rumor rail started running at top speed after the announcement came. For all these time, TheTechJournal (TTJ) team has been trying its best to keep you updated. Now, just before the Times Square event, we have decided to round up all the rumors and leaks.
Rumors say, the new Samsung Galaxy S IV smartphone may have the following key technical specifications and interesting features in it.
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2 OS
- Exynos 5 Octa (8-Core) CPU (for the non-4G version)
- Lightning fast Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 CPU (for the 4G version)
- PowerVR SGX 5443MP3, tri-core GPU
- 4.99-inch Super AMOLED Full HD 1920 × 1080p Resolution Display
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage with microSD card slot
- 13MP rear-facing camera
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 720p/1080p video capture
- a battery ranging 2300-2600mAh
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, NFC, Wi-Fi Direct
- GPS, Glonass
Additionally, the Samsung Galaxy S IV is also rumored to be equipped with the following.
- Poly-carbonate plastic body
- “Eye-Tracking” technology
- “Floating Touch” technology
- Qi Wireless Charging
- 3D Camera
- Dual-SIM support
- ‘Samsung Orb’ to take 360 degree panorama shots
Besides the aforementioned rumored specifications, Galaxy S IV is also rumored to come in 4 different variants (4 models), as well as provision for 6 to 8 different body color combinations.
The Samsung Galaxy S IV is expected to launch in less then 24 hours, and Chinese site mobile.it168.com has released some purported HD images of the device. Some of the images show a dual-SIM version of the Android smartphone. The embossed descriptions on the images also confirm some of the specs stated above.
We will come to know to what extent the rumored specifications are true as the event is going to start in a few hours. Stay with us.