The Night Owl Nexgen binoculars feature the premium performance of the Nexgen binocular with the added feature of two 5X lens for better close up viewing. As with the Nexgen NOB3X, these binoculars feature improved ocular lens with precise diopter adjustment, Night Owl’s exclusive Steel Stringer System for precision and control and our built-in infrared illuminator for clear and bright viewing in complete darkness. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
- Generation 1 technology; 5X magnification
- Field of View – 53 feet at a distance of 200 feet
- Minimum focus range: 6.6 feet
- Interocular distance = 2.27 to 2.95 inches
- High-quality all-glass optics for both objective and ocular lens
Night Owl Optics NOB5X offers high magnification–5x–top-notch ergonomic design and precision engineering. High-quality all-glass optics offer both objective and ocular lenses with two electronic intensifier tubes for precision and control and 50mm lens diameter. A powerful built-in illuminator provides clear and bright viewing in complete darkness and features extended infrared operation at low battery voltage.
- 5X Magnification
- 50mm lens diameter
- High quality, all glass optics for both objective and ocular lenses.
- Two electronic intensifier tubes for precision and control.
- Powerful built-in illuminator provides clear and bright viewing in complete darkness.
- Protective finish
- Low Battery Indicator
- Extended Infrared operation at low battery voltage.
- Comfortable handling
- Generation: 1
- Magnification: 5x
- Lens Diameter, mm: 50
- Angular Field of View: 15
- Field of View at 200 ft.: 53′
- Dimensions, Inches: 7.8L, 5.8W, 2.9H
- Weight, oz (without batteries): 38.8
- Power Supply (not included): One 3-Volt Lithium
- Minimum Focus Range: 6.6′
- Interocular Distance: 2.27-2.95
- Built-In Infrared: Yes
How Night Vision Works:
Available light is gathered by the front Objective Lens, where it is transmitted through a set of optical lenses to the Electronic Intensifier Tube (E.I.T.). High levels of energy, produced by the device’s complex power supply, knock out electrons from the Photocathode Screen, located on the front of the Electronic Intensifier Tube. This same energy creates a highly static field, pushing the electrons to the Phosphorescent Screen, a sensitive layer, located on the back of the EIT. These electrons strike the Phosphorescent Screen with great speed, causing the screen to illuminate. This process produces an image, which is then magnified by the Ocular Lens located at the back of the device. By looking through the ocular lens you will see the image as if you just looked through a regular optical device, except the image will appear in a monochrome green color. Finally, the Ocular Lens provides adjustment for your particular eyesight, while the Objective Lens lets you adjust the focus according to the distance of the object you are viewing.