Phosphor release Phosphor Reveal Watch with Mechanical Digital technology and Reveal wristwatch uses Swarovski crystals to tell time.Phosphor Reveal watch line skillfully blends design and technology to craft the ultimate fashion timepiece.An electrical pulse generates an electromagnetic field that changes the position of the crystals on the face of the watch and displays……..
The American watch brand, Phosphor announces the launch of its newest innovation-The Phosphor Reveal line. Phosphor Reveal marks the world’s first mechanical digital watches utilizing its proprietary Micro-Magnetic Mechanical Digital (M3D) technology.The Phosphor Reveal watch line skillfully blends design and technology to craft the ultimate fashion timepiece. Driven by M3D technology, the Phosphor Reveal watch utilizes miniature-sized rotors adorned with Swarovski crystals that revolve to reveal numerical or chronological information. With each changing minute, an electrical pulse generates an electromagnetic field that changes the position of the crystals on the face of the watch to elegantly display the passing time, while producing a distinctive sound unique to the Phosphor Reveal digital watch line.
“In the last 20 years, we’ve seen a proliferation of technologies that have enhanced our lives in a million different ways, but many of these have bypassed the watch category,” Phosphor’s Managing Director Donald Brewer said. “The Phosphor Reveal line is changing that – using technology to create an elegant and distinctive fashion timepiece.”While the current line of Phosphor Reveal watches are adorned with crystals, M3D technology allows for any number of materials, such as precious metals, woods or ceramics to be affixed to the rotating segments, creating an the possibility for an endless number of unique watch faces.The Phosphor Reveal line offers six style choices: pink, red, white and black patent leather for women with crystal-adorned face frame and two black matte leather men’s band choices with or without adorned top ring. The basic “time” mode features a 12-hour display with the hours positioned above the minutes on the face. The watch face also offers a ‘seconds’mode and ‘off’mode, showing an entire face of crystals with no time display.
- Striking Watch Face Design: By adorning the face of the watch with rotating crystals, the Reveal watch offers an elegant and striking appearance, exclusive to the line of watches.
- Infinite Display Appearances: The rotating segmentscan be oriented in a variety of different layouts. Any material can be affixed onto these rotatable segments ranging from Swarovski crystals, to precious metals or gems, to almost anything imaginable.
- Ultra High Contrast Display: Depending on material or paints affixed to the revolving rotors, the M3D display technology can achieve the highest contrast of any digital display available today.With some configurations, the watch face can even match the clarity and appearance of ink on paper.
- Low Power Consumption: The M3D display technology is bi-stable, meaning that the display requires no power to maintain an image, as power is only needed when transitioning from one time to another.
- Wide Viewing Angle: With a viewing cone of 180 degrees, the M3D technology overcomes the disadvantages of conventional displays when it comes to off-axis viewing. Together with its high contrast, it allows the user to read the time at a glance from any angle.