DisplayLink USB Graphics Technology powers Plugable’s first integrated dock and zero client device.Plugable DC-125 dock turns your solitary PC into a multiple workstation powerhouse and includes an upstream port for connection to a host, two downstream USB 2.0 ports, audio I/O jacks and a VGA output that supports screens up to 1280 x 1024 pixels…….
Recognizing DisplayLink Corp.‘s leadership in zero client solutions, Plugable is using DisplayLink USB virtual graphics technology in its first integrated zero client/thin client device with universal docking station capabilities.The new Plugable DC-125 USB 2.0 Docking Client, available now, connects a laptop computer to an extra display, speakers and two USB 2.0 ports, all from a single USB cable. Even more powerful, the device can be used as a zero client device to affordably turn one PC into many, using easy USB connections to create multi-seat computing, pairing one dock per workstation and for a total of up 14 workstations.
Zero client solutions save money and time for any school, business or consumer that wants to offer individual computing experiences to multiple people without buying multiple PCs. The Plugable device combined with monitors, peripherals and one PC running multiseat operating system software can deliver that unique computing access per person, while eliminating the need for extra video cards, dedicated CPUs and complicated setup.“DisplayLink’s USB virtual graphics bring low-cost computing without compromising any on-screen graphics or performance,” said Dennis Crespo, executive vice president of marketing and business development at DisplayLink. “With DisplayLink DL-125 series chips embedded inside, Plugable’s integrated dock and zero client device makes it quick and easy to assemble a pod of workstations with extended peripheral support, so students can enjoy content from the Internet as well from their own USB peripherals such as thumb drives, digital cameras, and more.”
In addition to featuring simple USB connectivity, the Plugable Docking Client:
- Supports standard VGA monitors up to 1280×1024 or 1440×900.
- Works as a laptop dock with Windows XP, Vista, Win7 and Mac OS X.
- Works as a client station with Windows Multipoint Server 2011 or 2010 and with userful Multiseat Linux 2011.
- Includes both a desktop stand and a monitor attachment.
- Connect one to add a full-sized monitor, speakers, keyboard, and mouse to any laptop PC via USB
- Connect many to turn one computer into several (compatible multiseat OS required, not included)
- Standard VGA/D-Sub port supporting modes up to 1280×1024 / 1440×900, 3.5mm audio in/out, 2 USB
- USB bus powered. 2 available USB ports powered for standard USB keyboard and mouse only (no high power devices)
- Includes both desktop stand and 75/100mm VESA mount for back of monitor attachment
“DisplayLink technology is so versatile that we’ve been able to provide a variety of universal docks, USB graphics adapters and now zero client devices that extend the capabilities and value from PC purchases,” said Bernie Thompson, founder of Plugable. “The many ways to leverage virtual graphics technology continues to evolve, while DisplayLink’s experience in the USB graphics market allows for unmatched compatibility.”The Plugable DC-125 USB 2.0 Docking Client is available today, selling for $64.95 with free shipping to USA addresses at Amazon. Customers outside the USA visit Amazon UK.