The Slingbox SOLO incorporates high-definition component, S-Video and composite video inputs as well as outputs, making it compatible with just about every HD or standard-definition satellite receiver or set-top boxes and DVRs on the market. The Slingbox SOLO is the perfect companion for your DVR, cable box, satellite receiver or DVD player. With the ability to watch and control your favorite TV source, the Slingbox SOLO ensures that you can enjoy your TV entertainment anywhere. This is an Amazon’s product review. Checkout more details bellow.
- Watch and control your live and recorded TV in standard definition on your laptop or desktop – supports Windows XP/Vista and Mac
- Watch and control on your mobile phone – compatible with Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Symbian or Palm OS-based mobile devices
- Connects to one high-definition or standard-definition A/V device, such as a DVR, cable set top box, satellite receiver or DVD player
- No monthly fees
- Brand Name: Sling Media
- Model: SB260-100
- Hardware Platform: Universal
- Form Factor: External Device
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Networking Feature: Slingbox
- Number of Ports: 1
- Data Link Protocol: Ethernet
- Width: 9.5 inches
- Depth: 11.8 inches
- Height: 3.6 inches
- Weight: 2.55 pounds
Slingbox turns your smartphone, tablet or laptop into a TV.
Never miss your home TV shows, regardless of where you are. Take your TV with you on the road. Easily connect the Slingbox SOLO to practically any one of your home-theater sources and watch your standard-definition (SD) or high-definition (HD) TV shows, sporting events or special programs on your smartphone*, tablet, desktop or laptop over the Internet, from anywhere in the world.
Connect to one HD or SD source in your home theater, such as your DVR, digital cable set-top box or satellite receiver.
Take complete control of your TV via the web with the comprehensive and easy-to-use on-screen remote control and electronic program guide (EPG).
Sit Back and Enjoy
Watch your favorite shows in crisp SD quality over the Internet via your PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone—from anywhere, anytime.
No Monthly Fees
Watch and control your TV and its programming on your compatible device with no monthly subscription fee. Download sold separately. Additional fees from your mobile provider may apply.
Getting Started with Slingbox SOLO is Simple
- Connect the Slingbox to an A/V source, such as a DVR, cable set-top box or satellite receiver (the Slingbox is compatible with just about any A/V source).
- Connect the Slingbox to your home network (if your router is too far from your Slingbox for a direct connection, use the SlingLink TURBO or another Ethernet bridge for connectivity).
- Fire up your home network-connected PC or Mac computer, complete the Slingbox setup and enjoy your very own home theater on your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
What Devices Can I Connect?
- Basic Cable TV Set-Top Box
- Digital Cable Set-Top Box
- Digital Video Recorder (DVR) such as TiVo, Comcast, ReplayTV, DISH Network or one provided by your cable/satellite provider
- Blu-Ray DVD Player/Recorder
- HD component input support with resolution up to 1080i
- Satellite Receiver such as DIRECTV or DISH
- Video/Security Camera
- Windows Media Center
What do I need to watch on my laptop?
Watch and control your TV directly from Slingbox.com. Using Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari, you have complete access to your Slingbox and its connected cable box, satellite receiver or DVR. You get a virtual remote control as well as a searchable TV guide—all without downloading or installing desktop software.
Virtual Program Guide and Remote Control
View all of your television programming with the virtual program guide. With the on-screen remote control, change channels, pause, fast-forward or rewind and set up DVR recordings.
Popup Video Player
Multitask while watching your TV, or if you prefer, watch your TV in full-screen mode.
PC and Mac Support
Access your Slingbox from any high-speed Internet-connected PC or Mac laptop or desktop.
What do I need to watch on my smartphone or tablet?
With SlingPlayer software (sold separately) watch your TV and all of its programming on your iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry, Android phone, Android tablet, Windows Phone, Palm OS or Symbian mobile devices.
Full Control of Your Home TV
Control your programming with easy-to-use menus and shortcuts on either a touch screen or navigational interface. Easily change your TV channels, navigate program guides and schedule recordings on your DVR.
Easy Access to a Wide Range of Devices and Programs
Control your digital cable box, satellite receiver, DVR or DVD player. Access music channels or video on demand.
High-Quality Viewing Modes
Enjoy stunning full-screen video. Switch to audio-only mode to save bandwidth or battery life. Adjust the video display size or aspect ratio. (Audio-only mode and adjustable video display size are only supported on select devices.)
Take Advantage of High-Speed Mobile Internet Connectivity
Access your television programming over a high-speed 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi connection. (Check your mobile device and service for supported connectivity options. Some Android phones and tablets support 4G connections. The iPod touch only supports Wi-Fi connections.)