Galaxy Tab 10.1 update coming soon, ushers TouchWiz into the Honeycomb era. With the release of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 software update coming soon, your already powerful Galaxy Tab will get even more better. When it does start trickling its way on to Sammy’s slate, it’ll be bringing with it a host of new features, including that Honeycomb edition of TouchWiz that’s sure to be just as divisive as its smartphone ancestor.
This time the pack with some nice functionality, like a multimedia clipboard for copying and pasting pictures and videos as well as text, and a Live Panel widget for pulling in news, weather, and updates from your social networks. Here’s a look at the new features and enhancements currently scheduled to be included. Don’t forget to check back for information on the latest software updates.
How to Check for Software Updates
To receive notifications regarding software updates, you’ll need to set up a Samsung account on your device. This will allow us to notify you of an update on your device when an update is available.
Premium Video/Movie Content
Purchase and rent movies, and purchase next-day TV shows right on your Galaxy Tab with Samsung Media Hub. You pay once and can share the content across five Media Hub-enabled devices, including tablets and smartphones.
Samsung TouchWiz™ User Interface
Delivering superior multi-tasking and enhanced user interaction and navigation, Samsung TouchWiz creates a more visual, fluid and intuitive computing experience with these features:
- Live Panel: Features a magazine-like widget view to get immediate access to weather, social updates, email, news, etc., right on the home screen. Its visual layout is completely customizable so you get relevant information delivered to you instantly
- Mini Apps Tray: Get easy access to commonly used applications—Task Manager, Calendar, World Clock, Pen Memo, Calculator, Music—which overlay on current activity for powerful multi-tasking
- Clipboard: Advanced copy-paste functionality allows you to store photos, web pages, YouTube links, etc. on the clipboard for easy sharing by email and social updates
- Indicator Quick Panel: Quickly toggle on/off Wi-Fi, notifications, sound, brightness and settings.
Samsung’s enterprise mobility solutions provide flexibility and connectivity for mobile workforces, ensuring that you’re able to operate more efficiently on-the-move with the following capabilities:
- More exhaustive EAS IT policies
- On-device encryption
- Sybase Afaria
- Cisco / F5 VPN capability
Take advantage of the most popular applications, already preloaded on your device:
- Amazon Music Cloud Player: Upload your music in the cloud and access it from any device
- Amazon Kindle: Get access to about a million Kindle books
- Words with Friends: Have fun with one of the most popular social games from Zynga
This enhanced, tablet-optimized typing application includes features such as ability to resize keyboard, move virtual keyboard anywhere on the screen and of course, type faster by swyping instead
Printing documents and pictures just got easier. This functionality allows you to print wirelessly to any compatible printer.
Can’t find your device? This app gives you the ability to search for it. Here’s a look at a few of the great features this app offers:
- Find lost device on a map, and track it as it moves on a map
- Remotely lock your device to prevent unauthorized access
- Wipe out personal information stored on your device
Get access to your favorite books, music and social content:
- Media Hub: Access to thousands of movies and next-day TV shows
- Social Hub: Aggregates email, instant messaging, contacts, calendar and social network connections into a single interface
- Readers Hub: Access more than 2.2 million books, 2,000 newspapers (49 languages) and 2,300 magazines (22 languages)
- Music Hub: Access to 13 million songs
More Accessories Available
Enhance your storage and connectivity options with a variety of accessories, including a USB adapter/connection kit, SD card adapter and HDMI dongle.