iPhoneIslam team has come up with a new hack for full calling and SMS support on the 3G iPad and now PhoneIt-iPad available via Cydia now, claims it’ll turn your iPad 3G into a phone. iPad 3G allow internet connection and other services via 3G, but not calls or SMS! yes PhoneItiPad iPad tweak lets 3G-capable iPads take full advantage of a connection to a cell network and the tweak is finally available to the general public for $19.99………
iPhoneislam, a company with a known reputation in the Jailbreak community and who had managed to add Facetime to the iPhone 3GS , have released a tweak which allows your jailbroken iPad 3G to work as a Big iPhone and this jailbreak allows users to make and receive calls, as well as send and receive texts from their iPad 3G. The new PhoneIt-iPad app should be available through the team’s Cydia repository right now and it’ll cost $20 to bring out the full potential of your slate. It’s important to note that this tweak will not work with iOS 5 and will require you to jailbreak your iOS 4.x.x device first. Just like any OS modification, it’s not approved by Apple and it recommended that you have basic skills on how to restore your device.
Steps To Purchase And Install PhoneItiPad On iPad 3G:
What You Need:
- A jailbroken iPad 3G running iOS 4.3.3.
- A connected SIM card from your local provider, which is normally used for 3G internet.
- First you must locate your iPad’s ICCID (aka Unique Mobile Identifier) by going on Settings > General > About and writing it down on paper. You will need it in the next step while purchasing and activating.
- Then Purchase your license which costs $19.99 from iPhoneIslam and activate it by entering you UCCID when asked to.
- Now go on your iPad, open Cydia and click on Manage tab at the bottom. Then click on sources and add this source: apps.iphoneislam.com.
- Now open that source added , and install PhoneItiPad.
- Once finished go on your homescreen and you will see the messaging and call app on youriPad 3G.