A software update for the HTC ThunderBolt was rolling out so checkout quickly on your settings and check for new software to see that an update was indeed available for my HTC ThunderBolt.Somebody dont like that much because of it’s can’t maintain a consistent WiFi hotspot session. We hopeful that this update fixes this issue.
According to Verizon’s official ThunderBolt update page (PDF file) there is no specific mention of an improvement in the WiFi hotspot feature, but they do list enhanced data connectivity so maybe that covers it. Here is the list of affected areas in the update:
* Enhanced data connectivity when accessing Verizon 3G network.
* SMS and MMS messages are stored properly in the Messaging application.
* Time for device activation is improved.
* Backup Assistant is correctly displayed in Applications menu.
* Stability improvements for data centric apps like Facebook, Kayak, Yahoo! Mail, and more.
* Accurate location is displayed when accessing the weather widget.
* Quickly load GPS updates for Google maps and VZ Navigator.
As you know, the ThunderBolt had issues switching back to 3G with the recent LTE outage so maybe this will be fixed. The update is 35.649 MB and takes the ThunderBolt from software build number 1.12.605.6 to 1.13.605.7 and the baseband from 1.16.00.0223r to 1.16.00.0402w_1. we hopeful that this update fixes WiFi hotspot issues and if it does the ThunderBolt will stay in collection and if not, you may consider switching to the Droid Charge that reportedly works better with the WiFi hotspot feature.
News From zdnet.com