Robots are entering all sectors step by step to help people in their daily works. Some people have got deep inspiration to build a robot by himself/herself. Stephen Verstraete, a sculptor from Belgium, has built such a wheel-based robot that can take the household plants from shaded area of the house to the sunny spots for getting the sunlight. This robot is called Plant Host Drone. Check details below.
Plant Host Drone is a three or four wheel based robot. There is a place on top of the robot where you can keep the household plant.
Basically the robot loves sunlight. When the robot is put in direct sunlight, it’ll stay there. Therefore the plants will get the sunlight. But as the sun moves, so as the position of sunlight changes accordingly. Therefore the robot follows the sunlight and all the time the plants get sunlight and remain fresh.
To build such robot, you need following materials:
- 1x 74HC240
- 1x L293D
- 3x 1M resistors
- 2x 1nF capacitors
- 2x 10uF capacitors
- 2x SFH 300 photo transistor
- 2x collision switches
- 1x pot to host the plant (make sure it doesn’t leak water into the electronics)
- and last but not least a recycled toy with 2 electric motors that runs at about 6volt or identical motors and wheels
- or a 2 motor robot platform. (I used the RP5 platform).
- I think you can make this for under $10.
If you built this robot, don’t forget to tell us your experiences with us.
Source : Plant Host Drone
| « Previous
Apple Hiring Ex-Google Maps Personnel To Work On Its Maps
| Next »
Microsoft Readies Project Austin: A Digital Note Taking App For Windows 8