Nest ‘smart’ Thermostat is available in Amazon store now for $249. Nest is also selling smart thermostat through Apple online store. The thermostat is available at Nest’s online store too. Nest Learning Thermostat learns user behavior and starts saving energy by turning down heating and cooling when it’s necessary.
- Auto-Schedule-Nest remembers the temperatures you like and programs itself
- Auto-Away-Nest saves energy by automatically turning itself down when you’re away
- Airwave – Automatically cuts up to 30% of your AC’s runtime if your home isn’t too humid
- Remote control – Connect Nest to Wi-Fi to control it from your smartphone, laptop or tablet
- Simple to use – Most homeowners install Nest themselves in less than 30 minutes. After that, it’s just a matter of changing the temperature
Traditional thermostats tend to waste a lot of energy, mainly heating & cooling your home when no one’s there. That’s as much as the refrigerator, lighting, TVs, stereos and computers combined. Nest has designed such to learn from you. As a result, 99% of Nests have schedules that work with your life. And when life doesn’t go according to schedule, Nest can help:
- Auto-Away will automatically turn down the thermostat if you forgate to turn it off.
- Dreading the summer heat? Airwave cuts down on your cooling costs automatically.
- By use your phone you can turn down the temp when you needed.
Stop wasting energy.
That beige box on your wall controls about half your energy bill, but huge amounts of that are wasted heating and cooling empty homes. Programmable thermostats were supposed to help, but only 11% of people program them. They’re too complicated.
So we made Nest simple: turn it up, turn it down. Nest will remember what you like and help you save energy.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat from anywhere.
Control your home’s temperature from your laptop, smartphone or tablet when you connect Nest to Wi-Fi. You’ll be able to see and adjust your schedule, change the temperature and check energy history from anywhere. Plus, Nest’s software will automatically update.
Keep track of how much energy you use in Energy History and get a monthly email summary of how your energy use is changing with the Nest Energy Report.
Nest is secure, private, and reliable. It’s security features include HTTPS, SSL and 128-bit encryption.
Programs itself. Saves energy.
Programmable thermostats are frustrating to program, so most people don’t or they create schedules that don’t match their lives. Nest automatically programs itself in about a week. It creates a personalized schedule based on the temperature changes you’ve made and continually adapts to your life.
Airwave automatically turns off the AC a few minutes early, but keeps the fan running. Nest’s humidity sensor activates Airwave. When indoor humidity is low, Airwave can cut your AC’s runtime up to 30%.
Want to know if you’re saving energy when you change the temp? The Nest Leaf appears when you turn Nest to a temperature that’s energy efficient. It guides you in the right direction. A 1-degree change can save you up to 5% on your energy use.
Nest’s activity sensors have a 150 degree wide-angle view, so that it works in most locations. About two hours after you’ve left the house, Nest will sense you’ve gone and automatically adjust the temperature to avoid heating or cooling an empty home.
Time to Temperature
Turning the temperature up higher doesn’t heat the house any faster, so Nest helps you save by showing you how long it’ll really take to reach the temperature you want. Nest has three temperature sensors to track your home’s heating and cooling.
Easy to Install
If you’re comfortable installing a light fixture, you can install Nest yourself. Three out of four people install Nest in less than 30 minutes.
Too busy? Professional installation is also available at 855-4MY-NEST.
Here’s the technical info for the Nest Learning Thermostat.
- Mass = 198g / 7.0oz
- Diameter = 81.2 mm / 3.2 in
- Height = 40.6mm / 1.60 in
- RoHS Compliant
- Mercury Free
- 100% Recyclable Packaging
Inside the box
- Nest Learning Thermostat
- Installation guide
- Start Here guide
- Nest screwdriver
- Mounting screws and labels
- Optional mounting kit
- Temperature sensors
- Humidity sensor
- Near-field activity sensor
- Far-field activity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
LegalNest Learning Thermostat, Auto-Schedule, Auto-Away, Airwave, the Nest logo, and the Nest House logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Nest Labs, Inc
- 5 year limited hardware
- Built in rechargable lithium-ion battery
- Wi-Fi – 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHZ
- Zigbee 2.4GHz
- 24 bit color
- 320x320px display
- 1.75″ diameter
At home in most homes.
Nest is compatible with:
- 24 volt heating & cooling
- Gas, oil, electric, solar, geothermal systems
- Conventional heating, one-stage or two-stage
- Conventional cooling, one-stage
- One-stage heat pump with auxiliary heat
- Zone systems with or without dampers
- Wi-Fi required for remote control and software updates
- Common “C” wire not needed in 99% of installations
- R, Rc, Rh, W1, Y1, G, O/B, AUX/W2, C wires
Buy Cheapest Related Product From Amazon.com
| « Previous
Analyst Says Apple Will Unveil An All-New MacBbook Sereis At WWDC
| Next »
Mophie Released New Juice Pack Pro, Heavy Duty iPhone 4/4S Rugged Battery Case