Do you remember Alex Mason? The legendary war hero who got screwed in Call of Duty: Black Ops. Yes, I am talking about the award-winning Call of Duty franchise. The first-person and third-person shooter game franchise has covered several storyline including World War II to Modern Warfare series and so on. most successful in terms of story or gameplay. The second installment of Black Ops series, and 9th of the total series, titled Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will be coming out this November on several platforms. In the game, Alex and his bloodline will be seen in action both in the past and in the future. With the first ever futuristic plot setting and with next generation warfare technology the tag line of the game is “The Future is Black”.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will feature two different storylines which will be interconnected with each other. That is why the game campaign mode will have two sections.
Cold War Section
In this section Alex Mason will be back in the ‘battleground’ of the cold war era, from 1970 to 1990. Here, we will find Alex and his troops standing against Raul Menendez, the main villain of Black Ops 2. Alex will be confronting him in various places of Central America, Afghanistan and Angola.
Year 2025 Section
This will be the largest section of the game. It will take players to the year 2025, where USA and China are engaged in a cold war over the ban of USA’s rare earth elements by the Chinese Stock Exchange. Raul Menendez will rise back again with the intention of destroying two big super countries. This time David Mason, son and first bloodline of Alex Mason, will stand between Raul and his cruel intension. Battling with and against robotic soldier, cyber warfare system and unmanned vehicles David have to stop Raul.
System Requirement of Black Ops 2
OS: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7
CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHz
Memory: 2GB for 32-bit OS or 4GB for 64-bit OS
Gnomes: Four hardened micro-gnomes with front line combat experience
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512 MB or ATI Radeon HD 3870 512 MB
Sound Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible
HDD Space: 10.5 GB
Features and Gameplay
- Black Ops 2 uses a special gaming engine, called Black Ops II engine, which is actually a modification of previous Black Ops game engine. This engine brings more dynamism and fluidity into the game without compromising pc speed or performances.
- The environmental detailing, 3D character models, battle situation, demolition and destruction sequences, and exploration system is much enhanced in the game.
- Branching storyline called “Strike Force Missions” will be introduced for the first time into the series through this game.
- Both traditional and futuristic warfare system such as robotics, cyber weapon system, automated gunner vehicles etc will be premiered simultaneously by this game into Call of Duty series.
- The gameplay and story of the game will change its course according to the player’s choice.Players can choose where to snipe, whom to save, which route to take for approaching attack; all this should have put their impact on the missions and overall the whole storyline. Players can even change the course of history of future cold war through their decision. This feature is completely new in Call of Duty series.
- A new gameplay feature called “permanent death” is introduced in the game. That means, if the character of the player or the person to be saved is dead during battle the game will go on without them but it will affect the story. Story will be changed according to the loss.
- Players will be able to control and command remote-controlled weapon system; such as mini helicopter like flying machine to shoot, give cover, destroy through the consoles in his arms.
- For the first time, game antagonist, Raul Menendez, will have to change his decisions, even set up new plans depending how the storyline changes. This, I think, is an awesome game feature for this game.
- Zombie story will return in this game with a full campaign.
- Revised “Create A Class” function will allow creation of customized characters with specific skills and weapons, according to players’ choices for multiplayer game.
- Wager Matches, featured in previous Black Ops games, is completely removed.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will have huge separate campaigns in multiplayer mode allowing 4 players to participate simultaneously. Not only that all the features of single player mode will be included in this online mode.
Development and Release
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is developed by Treyarch and will be published by Activision. Square Enix is the in-charge of releasing the game in Japan. The story of the game is written by David S. Goyer. The sound track of the game is composed by Jack Wall. Trent Reznor was the theme music composer of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. The game will be released in PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Microsoft Windows at the same time in all region on November 13, 2012. However, the release date in Wii U platform will be delayed till November 18, 2012 in North American territory and till November 30, 2012 in EU regions.
| « Previous
TextNow – Free & Unlimited Texting App Now Available On Android
| Next »
Olympus PEN E-PL1 12.3MP Interchangeable Digital Camera