website statistics

The recent acquisition of MetroPCS by T-Mobile has been a fierce contest, it has transpired. Many contenders, including Dish, wanted to acquire the carrier.
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Rate This)
Loading...

It seems that a number of giants in the wireless arena had their eyes on MetroPCS as the company accepted acquisition bids. According to reports, MetroPCS had been talking to at least eight companies and eventually decided for a merger with T-Mobile. Dish Network, which is considering the launch of a wireless carrier jointly with Google, was also among the companies who bid on the acquisition of MetroPCS.


metroPCS logo

Dish Network came up with a handsome $4 billion bid to acquire MetroPCS. Of this, 30% was to be paid in cash while the remaining 70% was to be paid in stock. While this amounts to $11 a share, there were other companies which were ready to pay MetroPCS a lot more.

A company, referred in MetroPCS’ filing as ‘Company G’ was willing to pay $13.39 per share for the acquisition. The payment would’ve been in cash and stock. Some have claimed that the company which made this offer was Sprint Nextel Corp.

Eventually, however, MetroPCS decided to sway in favor of Deutsche Telekom AG, which is the parent company of T-Mobile. Whereas the merger of MetroPCS and T-Mobile is nearing its conclusion, Sprint hasn’t lost all hope and is contemplating making yet another counter offer.

Sprint has been waiting for MetroPCS to reveal the terms of its merger and now that the filing has been made public, Sprint may devise a new strategy and come up with a new bid in an attempt to outdo T-Mobile.

Dish, however, seems out of the contest for now. However, the fact that Dish was ready to cough up $4 billion for the acquisition of MetroPCS shows that the company really has serious plans regarding wireless services in the future.

Courtesy: Business Week, WSJ

Buy Cheapest Related Product From Amazon.com


Messages Beta Program For OS X Lion Will End On December 14th

Head Of Silicon Valley Branch Of US Patent Office Is A Former Google Attorney
You can also press the left/right arrow key on your keyboard to go to previous/next post
  On November 18, 2012(3 years, 9 months ago.)

You May Also Like:

What Do You Think?

Leave a Reply




Loading Facebook Comments ...

FTC Disclosure: Some of the links of this website are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.


Recent Search

Recent Tutorials

Check out this tutorial to know how to install Apple watchOS 3 beta certificate on your Apple Watch and start enjoying the new version.
If you are trying to jailbreak iPhone, iPad or iPod on iOS 9.2 - 9.3.3 without using a computer or Apple ID, then check this video tutorial.
Pokemon Go users are complaining about the crashing and server issues. Check out the tutorial to solve error problems and thanks us later.
Turning off Wi-Fi Assist is a great way to save mobile data since it automatically starts using cellular data when Wi-Fi signal is poor .
If you want to secure your SIM card from others using it, then check out this tutorial to know how to set up the SIM Pin code on your iPhone.
CiderTV is a great alternative to control Apple TV from the Notification Center. Check out this tutorial to set up CiderTV on your iPhone.
Are you annoyed by the split screen mode on the iPhone 6 Plus or 6s Plus? Check out this quick tutorial to turn off split screen feature.
If you could not wait to installed the iOS 10 beta version on you iPhone and now struggling for the errors, then this tutorial is for you.
Siri might not understand the question you asked. But you can use Siri by editing the text that you asked & it will give an updated answer.
Perhaps, you are new Apple user and you might have no idea how to change name of your iPhone. Check out this tutorial to change the name.
Close You Have To Login
User:
Pass:
Login With »Login With TwitterLogin With Facebook